iPad Challenger! Tounchpad

I dont think there will be any iPad challenger for a long time. Not really a Mac supporter, but there is something about Apple that no one has yet to be able to challenge it.

For instance, anyone who have used a iphone will know what i mean. I am a SE person and I am always amaze with their phones. Recently took a iPhone and immediately the rest of the other phones feel outdated though most of them are more powerful and have better features than iPhone.

Last month i signed on a new phone, went for the "top of the range" Satio. Within 1 day I feel like throwing that Satio into the drain! Guess I am now stuck with the iPhone, and probably will get another one soon.

iPad, i will definitely get one, no doubt about it! :p

you should have gotten the Android phone from SE (X10).

and you will probably feel that iphone is just nothing..

maybe ... but how is the touch screen for the X10 ?

the Satio was horrible :confused:

maybe ... but how is the touch screen for the X10 ?

the Satio was horrible :confused:

satio uses resistive touch-screen.

not sure why, resistive touchscreens usually placed on lower-end models because it is cheaper. but i think now with better technology some of the mobile phone giants are using resistive touchscreens on higher end models - improved of course.

the iphone uses capacitative touch-screen.

so does the x10.

Last edited:
I dont think there will be any iPad challenger for a long time. Not really a Mac supporter, but there is something about Apple that no one has yet to be able to challenge it.

For instance, anyone who have used a iphone will know what i mean. I am a SE person and I am always amaze with their phones. Recently took a iPhone and immediately the rest of the other phones feel outdated though most of them are more powerful and have better features than iPhone.

Last month i signed on a new phone, went for the "top of the range" Satio. Within 1 day I feel like throwing that Satio into the drain! Guess I am now stuck with the iPhone, and probably will get another one soon.

It is the software. Usually Apple's software like OS X, iPhone OS is always an enjoyable experience.

The software and interface really makes a difference as I see them and use them everyday. So what if the other phones have much powerful features (like 10MP camera blah blah blah...) but I dun use them daily.

Interface is the thing that interacts with us daily not those powerful features which we dun use every time we touch the phone. Interface is something we use it every time we touch the phone

actually the mass consumers. like me don't really care so much about the technical details of the hardware and software, etc.... to us, touch-screen is touch screen, not nail hitting the glass:sweat:

what is important is that thing works for me when i want it. It is so user-friendly. Now practically i don't touch the pc at home since i am able to use the iPhone for all things: emails, surf, msn, banking, simple games, etc... Use it when i pangsai, use it before i sleep, use it when i am waiting, use it when i walk around the factories, etc....
now i see aunties and uncles, and little kids also carry iPhones :rolleyes:

Waiting for the ipad with 3G with OS4 already. 2 more months to go. Be patient and not be rip off by SLQ

no really true lei. Apple is good with marketing, in that it identify a need that consumers themselves have not identify yet. Creative create the mobile hdd music player. They took it and create itunes + some snazzy device to convince pple this is cool. Oh yes, and selling music for $1 a song..How smart is tat?

Palm create the smartphone. RIM ( aka blackberry) dominates and now apple go and create a fantastic platform for pple to create all sorts of software on what is basically a mini computer.

What makes iphone stand out is not the phone. It's just another phone, with rather backward technology if u are to really look at it. But the software environment and the cheap apps that ANYone can write for it with a $99 per year license is what makes it truly stands out.

I use to own a iphone, but decided that it's really a rather crappy technology for a 1K device.. Sold it and got a cheap phone with better music playing capabilities and a cheap itouch to play games with...lol

I think it's the same thing as the touchpad. It will continue to remain untouchable as long as it maintain it's software environment. It's the selling point. The day it's software environment is cloned..i tell u, the china guys can make a 20 hour lasting lappie that cost half as cheap. Actually the moment china jumps on the bagwagon, 1 billion pple with just 1% of them being programmers, u are gonna see some really fantastic software..( or virus for that matter)

btw, SE sucks even for the high end ones....I know what u mean, cos those Satio etc seem so laggy when compared to iphone. But i'll never get a SE cos it's really quite cmi. Totally chui phones.

I use to own a iphone, but decided that it's really a rather crappy technology for a 1K device.. Sold it and got a cheap phone with better music playing capabilities and a cheap itouch to play games with...lol

I had the same crappy feeling about the iphone too.. even after jailbreakiing it. After a year of using it, i gave it to my brother. It looks cooler for a youngster like him to have one but it just doesn't meet my expectation of a "smart" phone. Now i'm using the n900. I love my macbook air but iphone and the giant ipod known as ipad just doesn't meet up with my expectation.

LOL even if the tech specs and battery life are all better than Apple's somehow, it'll be impossible for this company to match Apple's App Store and customer service. Who's gonna write apps specifically for such a product?

LOL even if the tech specs and battery life are all better than Apple's somehow, it'll be impossible for this company to match Apple's App Store and customer service. Who's gonna write apps specifically for such a product?

contrary to popular belief, not every touchpad console out there needs to have aps written for it.

for example, if it runs windows 7, then anything that can be run smoothly with less sources can be run on a touchpad console. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Android has promise and in 3 years, it may be to a point that it feels finished, but right now, it's raw and coarse and you have to guess at when your device is going to get an upgrade--or if it's going to get an upgrade.

Capacitive touchscreen can use hard material (e.g. glass) and is more resistance to scratches, wear.

Resistive screens, by nature, has to be "soft". So the screen is less durable. Furthermore, normal usage require contact and applied pressure, further wearing out the screens.

satio uses resistive touch-screen.

the iphone uses capacitative touch-screen.