IP3000 and B/w Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazer

Nov 6, 2003
sg
www.jazerstudio.com
Hi Guys ..

I've got a silly question if anyone can help me. I've got the canon IP3000 and i've been using it for documents but i've recently decided to print photos as work prints .. so i'm not picky about the colours being a little off ...

My Question is how do i make a b/w print really b/w ?? Its driving me nuts as its got a little magenta in it.

I' used the supplied sample paper Which i think is Photo Paper Plus Glossy and that made nice b/w prints. And now i went out to buy the Photo Paper Glossy and now its magentaish. Is it really the paper or did i put something wrong in the settings in photoshop ?

Like Reletive Colour Matrix + black Point compensation .. etc ..

Thanks in advance
Jaz

no idea dude. might get a pixma soon though.

Uppz for u!

Jazer said:
Hi Guys ..

I've got a silly question if anyone can help me. I've got the canon IP3000 and i've been using it for documents but i've recently decided to print photos as work prints .. so i'm not picky about the colours being a little off ...

My Question is how do i make a b/w print really b/w ?? Its driving me nuts as its got a little magenta in it.

I' used the supplied sample paper Which i think is Photo Paper Plus Glossy and that made nice b/w prints. And now i went out to buy the Photo Paper Glossy and now its magentaish. Is it really the paper or did i put something wrong in the settings in photoshop ?

Like Reletive Colour Matrix + black Point compensation .. etc ..

Thanks in advance
Jaz

Hi Jaz,

I have the IP3000 too. I print out a B/W it becomes well not reallly B/W but some where around there. There is a window when the computer will pompt you to select the media. After which select colour adjustment to let your print be printed to your desired standard.

Personally I haven try before as Photoshop will do the do the job for me.

Hope it helps.

:)

It's difficult to get decent B/W with 3-color process. You may reduce magenta density, but metamerism will still set in. Perhaps it's better to get a printer with dedicated gray and light gray inks, but that'll be expensive.

grantyale said:
It's difficult to get decent B/W with 3-color process. You may reduce magenta density, but metamerism will still set in. Perhaps it's better to get a printer with dedicated gray and light gray inks, but that'll be expensive.
wah... that's epson's R2400... 1000+ i think.... hehe...

Xing said:
wah... that's epson's R2400... 1000+ i think.... hehe...
The R2400 is selling in Funan around S$1700. You can try to get the much older 2100 that has light black inks. The printer is phased out but is very cheap and many people are using it. The last time at the fair, it was going for $700 IIRC

That's to say if you're serious enough to go for those printers...

Thanks for all the help guys ! Really appreciate it .

I think .. in due course , i will bite the bullet and get the Epson 4400 ;) In the meanwhile i'll live with the magenta for producing work prints.

Jazer said:
Thanks for all the help guys ! Really appreciate it .

I think .. in due course , i will bite the bullet and get the Epson 4400 ;) In the meanwhile i'll live with the magenta for producing work prints.
Eh there is no Epson 4400 printer ;) For a cheaper option than the other Epson printers mentioned above, you can get the R800 which should be going around $600 (about $500+ during the computer fair).

Watcher said:
Eh there is no Epson 4400 printer ;) For a cheaper option than the other Epson printers mentioned above, you can get the R800 which should be going around $600 (about $500+ during the computer fair).

This is the link to the Epson 4400 Link:heart:

Thanks for the help watcher!

Jazer said:
This is the link to the Epson 4400 Link:heart:

Thanks for the help watcher!
Hmmm, from the link that you provided, I think it is exclusively in AU. Furthermore, it is using the Ultrachrome inks, while the newer 800 series (ie 4800, 7800, 9800) are using K3 inks. You might want to look at 4800 for the latest and greatest ;)

tim said:
There is a model call Epson Pro 4400 and also a range of it e.g. 7400, 9400 etc. Here the link to Epson Singapore:

http://www.epson.com.sg/products/prographics/EPSON_Stylus_Pro_4400.shtml

It has only 4 Ultrachrome inksets but I don't know why this range are launched maybe others know better can comment.
I stand corrected. However, I don't see the 7400 and 9400 on the SG site. Furthermore, it seems to be a the generation of the 2100/2200, using only 4 inks. Strange... No point as it would not get you the subtlety of the range of colors...

Jazer said:

I think the printer driver compensates for some peculiarities of Canon's paper plus glossy paper by cranking up the red/magenta. You could try to select "matte" paper in the printer driver for printing on other glossy papers, maybe that helps a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.