iOS 5 camera hidden panorama mode works

zechraffie

Jan 29, 2008
iOS 5 camera has a hidden panorama mode which can be turned on with a simple mod. I wasn't expecting it to work when i tried it but it does!

IMG_05063.JPG

Pardon the poor panorama pix - you should be able to do better with steadier hands and smoother pan.

IMG_0507_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
nothing to do with steady hands. the software isn't good at stitching. possibly needs a firmware update

kei1309 said:
nothing to do with steady hands. the software isn't good at stitching. possibly needs a firmware update

Just wondering how you arrived at this conclusion? I assumed its from first hand experience?

Just wondering how you arrived at this conclusion? I assumed its from first hand experience?

it's in the software. if the current camera software can't handle it for efficient stitching, it means it needs to be upgraded.

i'm no IT person... but it just seems that this is the issue

kei1309 said:
it's in the software. if the current camera software can't handle it for efficient stitching, it means it needs to be upgraded.

i'm no IT person... but it just seems that this is the issue

That's exactly what I'm tryin to determine. Did you arrive at the conclusion that the software can't handle the stitching from first hand experience?

That's exactly what I'm tryin to determine. Did you arrive at the conclusion that the software can't handle the stitching from first hand experience?

because my Xperia arc can do sweep panoramas, and also Samsung phones... and i suppose the iPhone4S as well. i've seen their stitching and it's much better than on the iPhone 4S.

I have iOS5 on a company iphone4. Tried the pano mode. It sucks. Apple has a long way to go (as they always do).

According to all the reports I have read, and there are many on the internet about this, this particular feature is hidden, because its not the finished product, meaning its still in testing. If you also search about there are many other reports of hidden features within iOS 5, which are not in the documentation, some involve doing a jailbreaks some dont, so its at your own risk.

5 Hidden Features in iOS 5
More Here

Like the hidden autocorrection feature in iOS 5, appears to be very similar to what Android has already. More Here

Cheers ....

Finally found time to try it out again.. The stitching doesn't seem that bad to me

IMG_0571b.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

IMG_0568b.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
If you are jailbroken, go to Cydia then search for FireBreak, install then enjoy.;-)