Ion mall Harper Bazaar

ssdesign

Jan 28, 2009
Singapore | Bishan
I am stumped by the similarity in the second prize winner and the photograph that I submitted.

I am attaching my photo as well as the scan copy of the magazine.

My Entry:
Blue_World_entry.jpg

Second Prize:
Harper_Magazine_scan.jpg

Last edited:
hi

yes it is similar.

did u post your pic elsewhere?

btw, how do u make this pic? is it a composite of different fisheye shots?

i like it very much... very unique

Yes, I am more stumped because its unique (or maybe not so unique as you can already see :p)

It is a stereographic projection and I did use fisheye (multiple images) but you can use other lenses as well (results will vary).

IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME! :eek:
i like the way the colour blends :) :thumbsup:

You've been robbed! This is unacceptable and suspicious. I think you should get some prize for this image as it is the most unique of all the submissions.

Take a look at the images on the television screen on the Armani side, they are different pictures. They may look the same in terms of composition but its not the same image.

Yes they are different (as I mentioned already). I am just saying that its too similar :)

Still cant believe I lost with such a close margin with 'this' image especially.

it is similar enough to doubt the originality of the idea...

but of course i think it will be hard to debate the issue as it is still taken by the pg, not stolen.

but i really wonder how did the 2nd pg manage to see the pic of the 1st pg if the 1st pg didn't post it somewhere else...

anyway i feel that in a competition, copying other's composition is not very ethical ... just do something else lor... why must copy someone's idea? copying show lack of ideas, and even winning a price does not help...

but it is not uncommon that artists and fashion designers copy... sometimes u saw such news in newspaper.. perhaps for them, shame does not exist... haha...

so the one showing a "face" is the 3rd price?

Yes, I am more stumped because its unique (or maybe not so unique as you can already see :p)

It is a stereographic projection and I did use fisheye (multiple images) but you can use other lenses as well (results will vary).

hi

trying to google stereographic projection.. not much useful info...

mind to share what tool can be used to create it?

u inspired me to take interest in fisheye liao... haha.. i never thought fisheye lens could be so fun...

I restrained from posting my picture anywhere. It only resides in my hard drive, along with all the source file and stereographic projection settings of this particular composition (untill now, and today I posted it on flickr as well).

:)

well, i guess the judges liked his better than yours
there is nothing you can do about it

btw it is a nice image

hmmm... i dunno, but since this shot is done not from a single shot but from multiple composites using different tools, then the chances of two different unrelated persons having the same idea is very remote.

look here and following some of the discussions in the group will help :
http://www.flickr.com/groups/stereographic/

tks alot :)

did u contact the officers in charge of the competition? no harm asking in a skillful way...

i am a newbie... but i find that it should be more than just coincidence... the composition is the same... the experts may know more...

I did call them.
They said "You both seem to have same eye..."

but as mohgui says, since this picture is a composite, I never expected someone else to come up with same angle, same settings, same concept....

still a bit hard to digest :)

I did call them.
They said "You both seem to have same eye..."

but as mohgui says, since this picture is a composite, I never expected someone else to come up with same angle, same settings, same concept....

still a bit hard to digest :)

in my humble opinion, i think just let it be... u have tried your best!

perhaps it is really such a coincidence... well at least u manage to come up with this great pic...

eye for the next competition :)

u will make it!

Does the contest involves both picture and captions/description/essay/writeup?

If it is, then the writeup could be a deciding factor.