Investing money

stussy

Oct 30, 2010
Hai i need help from you guys. I know some of you guys out there do invest money through banks n such. Now im just starting to invest my money in banks and i would like to know from you guys where can i get the best place to invest my money? And hope u can tell me where u invest n what is the interest p.a? Hope you guys could help
Me Out here .. Appriciate it alot guys :)

20k cash for emergency

20k for education ( self investment )

20k and above then got the bank investment.

Chiang said:
20k cash for emergency

20k for education ( self investment )

20k and above then got the bank investment.

What u mean i dun understand??

What u mean i dun understand??

20k to have as cash for emergency

20k at least to spend for investing in yourself includes but not limited to investment studies

save up 20k for investment directives , eg bank investment , insurance investment.

Chiang said:
20k to have as cash for emergency

20k at least to spend for investing in yourself includes but not limited to investment studies

save up 20k for investment directives , eg bank investment , insurance investment.

Ohh ok
I get it nw.. :) thnx

There are so many kinds of investment, even buying extra gears to work part time as a freelance photographer is an investment. Personally i feel that investing in gold/silver is the best option. Even a bank or a country may go bankrupt, their currency may become so worthless one day, however the price of gold will never fall.

Just my 2c worth of comments

that's where you are wrong.. the gold bubble is just waiting to burst.

when even aunties in the market and taxi uncles are talking about buying gold, it's time to sell.

Best place to invest?

Wow, that question probably will have more choices and opinions than "which DSLR should I buy?"

I'm no expert in the area and most of my paltry savings is in managed funds. Earned a decent return in the first few years, took a beating in the crisis, now recovering. I'm not too concerned cause these are long-term for me.

Investment people talk about things like the level of risk you're comfortable with, short/mid/long term? and the amount of capital you have, all of which will help you decide what your investment strategy is.

Be wary of any advice you receive, here or anywhere else -- advice is a cheap gift, costs the giver nothing but may cost the receiver a lot! And stay-away from "sure things" - they have a nasty habit of biting you in the ass.
I've seen relationships and friendships strained by well-meaning advice. Do your own due diligence and accept that the risk and responsibility is yours alone (as are the profits of course!)

I suggest you read up some books on investments from the library especially those by local authors.

You need to know :
1) What are your investment short, medium and long term goals ?
2) The various class of investments and asset class.
3) Overall financial and investment plans. Using cash or CPF ?
4) Insurance plans and CPF investment plans

Hope that helps.

:cool:

Wow guys this helps me alot!! Thnx man!! If do have some more advice please help
Me out here thnx guys 8)

You also need to understand your risk appetite. Higher risk investments can give big returns, or big losses. Safer options give smaller returns.

Personally i feel that investing in gold/silver is the best option.

i concur with gold investment.

i wanted to invest in gold 1 year plus back but giving my ex's galfriend face, decided to invest my cpf with those cpf funds end up making a lost :/

should have stick to my original decision instead. gold price is soaring~

i concur with gold investment.

i wanted to invest in gold 1 year plus back but giving my ex's galfriend face, decided to invest my cpf with those cpf funds end up making a lost :/

should have stick to my original decision instead. gold price is soaring~

You should've stick with the price chart indicator instead of ex GF face. :bsmilie:
But nowadays, no one can predict what will happen next. If your investment made it, you're just lucky.

go to the bank and talk to a financial advisor. :sweat:

seriously, you need expert advise who will asses your situation and suggest what options you have. in fact, just try to browse the bank's websites and look for investments. you can take a look at the portfolio and choices they offer. as a general rule of most investment banks (a safety net, i think), you should at least have 6 months worth of your current salary before you start investing. because investment always carry risks.

i've been in your situation before, and if i had the money, i would invest in gold or property.

cheers!

use common sense

beware

timeshare
landbanking
come invest in restaurant business
come invest in bird nest business
sunshine empire style MLM
noni juice MLM
"gold" investment where you are promised ridiculous high profits
overseas funds or trust which if you read the details is a $2 registered company in the Virgin Islands with dubious characters as directors
"Swiss funds company" that trade in US$ currency....that disappeared overnight..
overseas property buys and exhibitions promising everything and you get a dump
overseas property buys where you do not get the title deed
overseas property buys where you get robbed in broad daylight in your "home"
overseas property buys where all your household items, TVs, furniture are stolen (don't have to look very far away from Sing to witness this)
****bonds ****notes where the so called "financial consultant" portrays it as though it is protected by 8 big companies, leaving you to form the false impression on your own that if one of them fails, another 7 will be there to protect you as though you have 7 safety nets....actually if ANY of the 8 fails, ALL your money is gone...either the so called "financial consultant" is a crook or worse...HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS SELLING....

Last edited:
Best place to invest?

Wow, that question probably will have more choices and opinions than "which DSLR should I buy?"

I'm no expert in the area and most of my paltry savings is in managed funds. Earned a decent return in the first few years, took a beating in the crisis, now recovering. I'm not too concerned cause these are long-term for me.

Investment people talk about things like the level of risk you're comfortable with, short/mid/long term? and the amount of capital you have, all of which will help you decide what your investment strategy is.

Be wary of any advice you receive, here or anywhere else -- advice is a cheap gift, costs the giver nothing but may cost the receiver a lot! And stay-away from "sure things" - they have a nasty habit of biting you in the ass.
I've seen relationships and friendships strained by well-meaning advice. Do your own due diligence and accept that the risk and responsibility is yours alone (as are the profits of course!)
Wow, you sound like a very experienced and wise investor.

use common sense

beware

timeshare
landbanking
come invest in restaurant business
come invest in bird nest business
sunshine empire style MLM
noni juice MLM
"gold" investment where you are promised ridiculous high profits
overseas funds or trust which if you read the details is a $2 registered company in the Virgin Islands with dubious characters as directors
"Swiss funds company" that trade in US$ currency....that disappeared overnight..
overseas property buys and exhibitions promising everything and you get a dump
overseas property buys where you do not get the title deed
overseas property buys where you get robbed in broad daylight in your "home"
overseas property buys where all your household items, TVs, furniture are stolen (don't have to look very far away from Sing to witness this)
****bonds ****notes where the so called "financial consultant" portrays it as though it is protected by 8 big companies, leaving you to form the false impression on your own that if one of them fails, another 7 will be there to protect you as though you have 7 safety nets....actually if ANY of the 8 fails, ALL your money is gone...either the so called "financial consultant" is a crook or worse...HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS SELLING....

Such a very, very loooong list of scams. I could only remember some of them. Looks like almost a comprehensive listing here.:thumbsup:

Just remember :

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Also, don't assume that appreciation is indefinite.

Cannot tell you as I dont have extras to invest!

Wow guys u really help me alot thnx guys..Didnt know that there are alot of scams out there haha.. Thnx for reminding us who didnt know anithing about investing money.. :) Please keep on cuming in :)!!

Singapore best to invest in property... unfortunately not everyone got the money to do so... if you have good for you...

buy gold/stocks... i see my colleagues monitor the prices everyday... i dunno they are knowledgable or not, either yes or they rely on others to tell/advice them what to do... and in most cases they dun make a lot and still worried so much... to me its no difference in placing a bet... of course there are ppl who made a lot money, but if so easy many would have done so...

or can invest in yourself... upgrade your skill/knowledge.. education has always been 1 of the best investment ever...

for me... after cpf deduction... give parents/pay bills/diapers/milk powder/basic monthly expenses/insurance... not much left really... and these are use mainly for emergencies savings/kids future education/yearly holidays if any and of course some BBB :bsmilie:... so im counting my days when i grow old/retired my cpf funds is enough of not... which i doubt it...