Invasion scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me if UN wouldn't be complicit in it.

Invading Singapore would probably be like invading Israel...probably get your @ss handed to you on a platter and big swaths of territory occupied by Lions. Then settlement could begin and your all's territory would expand. :D

Nikonzen, thank you for your confidence in Singapore. You are probably right but I hope never in my lifetime nor my son's lifetime, will Singaporeans find out if it is really true. We hope the UN will take action but we plan as if it won't. If I say more, I may get hit with the army's equivalent of the NDA. :bsmilie:

I can understand that sir. I bet a Singaporean defense unit would make an UN unit look like girl scouts though should it come down to defending the homeland.

From what I understand reading history LKY saw the biggest lesson from WW2 very clearly.

I think the odds are very slim that any of your neighbors mess with you all. I seriously doubt China and the USA would let it go that far. You all are way to important to the world.

Last edited:
I can understand that sir. I bet a Singaporean defense unit would make an UN unit look like girl scouts though should it come down to defending the homeland.

From what I understand reading history LKY saw the biggest lesson from WW2 very clearly.

I think the odds are very slim that any of your neighbors mess with you all. I seriously doubt China and the USA would let it go that far. You all are way to important to the world.

Think you giving us way too much credit dude. And as for the UN. They are a toothless organization on so many past decisions they made. heheh.

So you think Malaysia and Indonesia be a fair match with Singapore? Please don't tell me you think Malaysia and Indonesia could take you guys... :)

In any event it would probably never happen.

Last edited:
All though I walk through the wilderness with the shadow of death I fear no evil because Ma Deuce is my friend and she is the meanest b!tch in the valley...haha

4569469974_5ea3df78cb_b.jpg

Last edited:
So you think Malaysia and Indonesia be a fair match with Singapore? Please don't tell me you think Malaysia and Indonesia could take you guys... :)

In any event it would probably never happen.

LOL It is almost unthinkable to some extend but never say never. The world can sometime just flip all because some stupid sociopath leader makes a knee jerk decision. Look at Mr Trump in the polls and that is for saying stupid stuff about Mexicans among other silly remarks but yet he get great poll numbers way ahead of the other republicans and some crazy support. I am sure it will die down when logic kicks in ( I hope ) but really...if the worst were to happen. Imagine a President Trump in the oval office. heh

Anyway, Look at where Singapore is geographically located. We are surrounded as a little red dot by Malaysia and Indonesian. In terns of war technology we do have some that 'might' be ahead, a tad. Emphasis on "some". We might be great pals with the US but still they are not selling us their best and latest are they? Superpowers who develop their own weapons don't tend to sell you their best selection. It's about self interest and maintaining superiority. :) How effective are modern weapon? Look at how the Russian and US fought against the Taliban in Afghanistan and Iraq for example in past 2 decades. Russian got kicked by less sophisticated weapons and tactics. The Taliban for example has large land mass to hit and run using the terrain to their advantage. Singapore is just 241 sq miles. We are almost a concrete jungle.

A small dot that's us. Filled mainly with green 'horn tenderfoots' and hipsters heheh. Many who begrudgingly hate to serve in National Service and yearly military reservist duty. About 2 million in foreign workers and family members out of a total population of about 5.6 million. In my early years when I was active in the National Service, it was talked about that we can only withstand an attack for about 28 hours when attacked. Which I guess is good for those with the means and influence to get out before the main assault. I am not sure what those numbers are today but I doubt it will be long. Worst, we are all untested in war including officers who are 'paper generals'. If war comes, it will not be pretty.

We will not have enough time to get seasoned by war to get better before we are mow down. I am sure there will be many like me who will pick up arms to fight. But do we know how to really take a life? I read about the Vietnam war and about how US sent so many young soldiers with minimum training over to fight. Many died unnecessary not use to the weather, ground tactic and how brutal the enemy were. There was findings which showed a good proportion of them had no heart to kill another person. Many actually shut their eye when they fire their guns or purposely miss. But the harden enemies has no such problem shooting back.

As to who will come to help? Depends I guess on how good we are with our neighbors or superpower and what do they have to gain or loss by helping us. Partly why our govt allow the US military to our port when their war ships visits and their crew do their R&R here. We also help with the servicing of their ships while they dock here. We did have some tension with our neighbors when we first agree to let the US have a base here. But it is not like what it was in the Philippines where the US were given large area of land to built bases and ports. Also will depend on how the US want to play their political card in terns of relationship with say Malaysia or Indonesian if we are using them as example of an invasion force. Are they both attacking us or just one side? If it's one of the sides, will the other side help us? They are both with similar race groups and shared religion. Not that I want to touch on religion and affiliation here.

BTW, This is just talking out loud... shooting the breeze as you would call it. So don't go all ape sh*t with the ruling party sensitivity on me by those you-know-who-you-are-peps here. ;p

For sure, if anything, we will be trying hard to negotiate for a peaceful solution. For war to happen without warning would be almost unheard of .... apart from times like 9-11 eg.

I can guess 2-3 reasons as to why the attack and what they might gain by declaring war. One, though unlikely, total annihilation. Too small a land mass to consider plus no natural resources. The other more likely reason being economical which would mean fighting you in a way that ensure all your main vital infrastructure are preserved for a takeover by force or a siege to starve us out. For any attack that can happen I think, WW 3 is taking place. That's about the best time to invade given superpower are themselves busy with their own wars.

I remember especially around my reservist camp, we talk about how if we were invaded what will happen. Most scenarios does not have a happy ending. We can only hold the fort but not deflect the entire invasion. I can only guess, realistically if any friendly countries don't come to our aid within the time period, our goose is cooked. I am from a generation who have heard stories from our parents and grandparents who suffer at the hand of Japanese occupation here in Singapore. And stories of your own countrymen who betray you to the Japanese just to better their own lives or save their own neck.

But cool heads so far in this region has held but who knows what the future brings. This may be the age of smartphone, internet, Caitlyn Jenner BS and a peace time since the late 1940s till today. But there are still many areas on planet earth where old fashion war and cruel violence are just a story away. To hell with those who need a trigger warning for my dark opinion

Let's hope we never have to face it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.