Invasion of the FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Took these during my visit to Upper Seletar Reservoir. One of it is now my avatar! kekeke

P1030615.jpg

P1030613.jpg

P1030614.jpg

LifeWorld said:
Took these during my visit to Upper Seletar Reservoir. One of it is now my avatar! kekeke

P1030615.jpg

P1030613.jpg

P1030614.jpg

good on you...

OT : can ask how u do the avatar ??

my pic always too big to be use as avatar..

Steady bro ....Nice shot :thumbsup:

Hand held with 12x max zoomed ?

LW - nice shots :thumbsup: , esp the rotating blade seems to be still, wonder how you do it.

BTW- Hijack your thread to show almost similar shoots taken in NY Central Park showing the power of FZ20. But mine was more noisy as shown, possibly due to digital zoom. :)

pic 1 - @ 1x see the actual distance of the NYPD heli in the middle.
Heli_1x.JPG

pic 2 - @ 48x hand held , noisy but can see NYPD wordings on the heli
Heli_48x_.JPG

NIce try, are you using auto metering??
The chopper seem to be quite dark.

Maybe meter on the chopper giving brighter detail, than PS to
another background.

Mostly also ground shot, does not give interesting prospect of the chopper leh.. see below.. side or top view will be nice.. but then u from the reservoir.. not easy.

snowspeeder said:
Wah...If you're the anti-aircraft gunner, this chinook will be history already!

Haha :bsmilie: Agrees...keke..
But nice series. The shutter speed is so fast that even the blades can't escape.

Thanks guys for your comments.

Yes, I did 12X handheld zoom. It was not easy to expose due to the bright sky and moving subject. By metering the sky, I get faster shutter. Still got lots to learn la! Was alone at that time, wish snowspeeder was with me. I can ask him how to, then! :D

bwilly, there were some shots of side view. See my avatar. However, it gonna be small coz it has to be far to get the side view. As such, I didn't post it.

Ask me for what? :dunno: I don't have long range artillery. Only can shoot short range targets at point blank range with my 50 mm rifle.

snowspeeder said:
Ask me for what? :dunno: I don't have long range artillery. Only can shoot short range targets at point blank range with my 50 mm zoom.

Haha!

Hey, time to get the long range artillery liao! :sticktong Must be VR ok?

LifeWorld said:
Thanks guys for your comments.

Yes, I did 12X handheld zoom. It was not easy to expose due to the bright sky and moving subject. By metering the sky, I get faster shutter. Still got lots to learn la! Was alone at that time, wish snowspeeder was with me. I can ask him how to, then! :D

bwilly, there were some shots of side view. See my avatar. However, it gonna be small coz it has to be far to get the side view. As such, I didn't post it.

Yoho.. Ivan,

Just a thought.. since the sky is bright and the chopper is dark, using spot metering on the chopper, you will have to minus EV maybe by 1 stop. EV -1.
Cos the camera calculation would expose the chopper way too much.. maybe.

And if you use the Multi Segment metering, the chopper will be under, so can use EV +1 stop.. to bring out the details of the chopper... maybe

Might work only.. try try.. hahaha

rhair78 said:
Yoho.. Ivan,

Just a thought.. since the sky is bright and the chopper is dark, using spot metering on the chopper, you will have to minus EV maybe by 1 stop. EV -1.
Cos the camera calculation would expose the chopper way too much.. maybe.

And if you use the Multi Segment metering, the chopper will be under, so can use EV +1 stop.. to bring out the details of the chopper... maybe

Might work only.. try try.. hahaha

Hmm, must go back and try......

King Tiger said:
Good shot you have here, LifeWorld. :)

I haven't seriously try out aerial shots yet.
Maybe next time, see if I can shoot a USAF B2 Stealth Bomber.

Let me know when you see one.
The last time I went to the Airshow for it, it didn't appear.... :(

LifeWorld said:
Let me know when you see one.
The last time I went to the Airshow for it, it didn't appear.... :(

It did appear in the earlier previous Airshow.
But it is on the 1st day for trade and VIP visitors only.
The B2 Stealth Bomber arrive in Singapore for the very first time for 2 hours only.
Minister of Defence Tony Tan went up and visit the plane.

To pilot a 2 Billion dollars B2 Stealth bomber require the rank of Brigade-General and above, Lieutenant and Colonel are not qualify.

King Tiger said:
To pilot a 2 Billion dollars B2 Stealth bomber require the rank of Brigade-General and above, Lieutenant and Colonel are not qualify.

Perhaps that was in the past. A recent documentary which included the B2 bomber featured 2 pilots with the rank of colonel flying the plane. The cockpit space was so limited that its only enough for 1 pilot to rest at anyone time (it makes sense). Irony is that they use a foldable cheap nylon chair cum bed was bought from a local department store at something like US$10.

King Tiger said:
It did appear in the earlier previous Airshow.
But it is on the 1st day for trade and VIP visitors only.
The B2 Stealth Bomber arrive in Singapore for the very first time for 2 hours only.
Minister of Defence Tony Tan went up and visit the plane.

I think that's the only Airshow that brought in the B2 SB. I went on the last day, got 'bombed' by the Sun instead...... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.