Intuos or Graphire??

Status
Not open for further replies.
intuos... if u can afford it.

everything just feels better. graphire is normally smaller size. just think... the pad = the whole of your screen, if u got a big screen, then u move abit across the small pad = a big leap in screen. hard to control sometimes.

wacom patent the pens, it feels nicer cos its light as there is no batteries. and intuos have variety of pens to choose from also.

Intuos has "palletes" which the graphire don't ... they act more like shortcut keys ... instead of pressing a key combo and working on the tablet at the same time.

When buying tablets... try not to scrimp and get the smallest as you might face the problem DCA mentioned.

I am using a A6 Graphire with a 19" LCD screen. No compainto so far.

My Graphire has been with me for 5 years. I have dropped the pen so many times that the joint is cracked and the side switch falls out. But it is still useable. I have a new pen ordered online. The new Graphire 4 pen has a better grip as it is fatter and rubbery. It has a sexy feel about it. :bsmilie:

I switched to using pen tablet because I developed tendontitis on my right elbow because of long hours of computer work.

Intuos costs double of Graphire. I can't afford it but there is nothing to stop me to lust about it. If you can't afford a classy and sexy Intuos, marry a Graphire. It will make a good wife. :sweatsm:

Now where did I put the damned Gaphire pen again?

Depending on your drawing style, getting too big a pad may have a problem. If you're artist trained and draw from the elbow, then a big pad is good. If you're not artist-trained or draw from the wrist, then a smaller pad may be worth considering.

i'm using the wacom pen partner. super small but it works well for me.
tried both intuos and graphire liao but all too big and thus slow down my work.

i dont really need very precise control when using tablets cuz i use it mostly for masking and such. if precision is required, i would go back to using a mouse.

palettes are kinda useless for me too cuz i'm too used to keyboard shortcuts.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
intuos... if u can afford it.

everything just feels better. graphire is normally smaller size. just think... the pad = the whole of your screen, if u got a big screen, then u move abit across the small pad = a big leap in screen. hard to control sometimes.

wacom patent the pens, it feels nicer cos its light as there is no batteries. and intuos have variety of pens to choose from also.
Actually I think 'Your Mileage May Vary' ..
I have used a 6x8 before and traded that in for a smaller 4x5..
Cos it was really tiring to use the 6x8 for long periods of time as the whole hand has to move across the tablet.. with the 4x5, my hand remains stationary, only my wrist moves..

By the way I use a dual screen.. and the 4x5 is still ok.. would prefer the new wide version. .think it's 6x11..

willyfoo said:
Actually I think 'Your Mileage May Vary' ..
I have used a 6x8 before and traded that in for a smaller 4x5..
Cos it was really tiring to use the 6x8 for long periods of time as the whole hand has to move across the tablet.. with the 4x5, my hand remains stationary, only my wrist moves..

By the way I use a dual screen.. and the 4x5 is still ok.. would prefer the new wide version. .think it's 6x11..
Willy, when you are using 2 screens, the tablet just split up into 2 sections, one for each?

I use an Intous now, got one of the big ones, can be difficult to navigate as I have to move my arm all over, but then when I have to do detailed stuff, it's amazing. Compromises.

Deadpoet said:
Willy, when you are using 2 screens, the tablet just split up into 2 sections, one for each?

I use an Intous now, got one of the big ones, can be difficult to navigate as I have to move my arm all over, but then when I have to do detailed stuff, it's amazing. Compromises.

tats the advantage...

normally i set my mouse to sensitive, so can move fast, then tablet to draw fine stuff.

if set to wide screen on normal tablet, u have multiple options...

1 is use the default screen, or use both, sacrifice the bottom & top become longitudinal, or have distorted full panel...

Deadpoet said:

If it's the big ones why not just set the quickpoint mode and use a smaller area. Can be set one. I set a small square at the top on my 9x12 top right for quick navigation and a larger on the bottom left for rotoscoping work. Now, I can't go back to using a mouse anymore. :dunno:

Deadpoet said:

Yes.. splits into 2 sections.. but I checked 'Force Proportions', which uses only uses the top 45% approx of the top portion of the 4x5.. which I'm still comfortable with.. meaning my tablet becomes only a 2x5 effective..

When I need to do fine work, I just zoom in with photoshop..
Of course the new wide version is nice..
http://www.wacom.com.sg/price/intuos3/intuos3_A5wide.html

Anybody wants my 4x5 so I can upgrade?? :)

viix said:
If it's the big ones why not just set the quickpoint mode and use a smaller area. Can be set one. I set a small square at the top on my 9x12 top right for quick navigation and a larger on the bottom left for rotoscoping work. Now, I can't go back to using a mouse anymore. :dunno:
I can't seem to find the quickpoint mode... where is it accessed?? or am I using an older driver? 4.93-3

I also don't recall a quickpoint mode that allows you to separate the tablet area like that....or maybe cos I'm using a outdated Graphire 2 :p

willyfoo said:
I can't seem to find the quickpoint mode... where is it accessed?? or am I using an older driver? 4.93-3

I use Graphire 6X8" . So far no compalint. Its good enough for my usage to do minor touch ups for wedding day shots.

I am quite attached to it now, some times I even use it to surf net...ha ha....

It is Intuos for me. I have been using it for almost 7 years, from the original Intuos to the current Intuos 3.

If you can afford, go for 21" Clintiq. :thumbsup:

willyfoo said:
Downloaded and installed the newest version.. still can't find it..

It's in the mapping tab. Select from the tablet area drop down selection box.

Thanks for all the great feedback. So it seems that the Intuos would be a better buy if the budget allows but the Graphire is sufficient for photoediting. Any shops to recommand for a good price?

:)

Zplus said:
Thanks for all the great feedback. So it seems that the Intuos would be a better buy if the budget allows but the Graphire is sufficient for photoediting. Any shops to recommand for a good price?

:)
sorry, im too lazy to read through. as far as i know graphire is good enough, even though i use a very old intuos. oh yeah you don't really need big ones, 6x8" is a good size, any bigger is for the better of your wrist so you use arm more, but its really more tiring and generally for ppl who work on it around the clock. ^^ graphire shouldn' be ex these days..

Status
Not open for further replies.