intuos 3 scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

shojibake

Dec 7, 2004
Just want to bring up to you guys who are interested in buying intuos tablets. I just got one from skylet at SLS a while back, and it doesn't contain a mouse. But if you check up on any internet site, they're supposed to come with a mouse and the pen. So it's a little frustrating. Further checking of the booklet shows it's printed for the korean market.

Just be careful when purchasing this from the SLS people. I wouldn't use the mouse, so i'm ok, it's just the advertising and the fact that a respected maker like wacom would do this to users in different geographical markets that pisses me off.

the mouse is completely useless if u ask mi.

i am a wacom user (not that high class as intuos, i know, lolx...), and i had the mouse for my wacom, but now the mouse should be running around rubbish dumping area (underground) happily.

so i think, no need to be sad over that. just enjoy ur new toy :bsmilie:

Yes, I agree with pshing. The Intuos mouse including is virtually useless. Even an old Microsoft mouse tracks better.

I have an older Intuos 6x8 USB tablet. A mouse was sold seperately then. It is called Intuos 4D mouse. It feels even heavier than my current Logitech Bluetooth Wireless mouse. Its tracking is not great either.

does the packaging say it includes a mouse? if i'm not wrong the one for local markets does not contain the mouse.

Yup i wouldn't use the mouse actually, mostly because the pen is mightier than the mouse.... heheh.... but i'm ticked at how wacom does this here while everywhere else on the internet the mouse comes bundled. Prob after this batch gets sold off, they'll revert to the global set. Plus there are some custom wacom brushes that aren't in the CD rom. Not that i need it, it's just the advertising that sucks. It really doesn't inspire much trust.

i understand your frustration, but i would be very careful in describing your experience as a "scam". unless the box says a mouse is included (scam by intuous), or someone at the shop assured you that there's a mouse included (scam by the shop), no one has really "tricked" or "conned" anybody. you have simply made the assumption that what you saw on the internet is what you bought.

product differentiation across markets is common nowadays. caveat emptor - buyer beware!

it might be different packaging for different market. e.g. some cameras sold in US are bundled with different software/accessories vs the rest of the world and it's not a scam.

yeah, agree with other posters that it could b packaged
for different regions. But curious if your intuos include PS elements v3
cuz some wacom sites do include PS elements v3.

e.g.
http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/intuos.cfm
;)

actually I find the mouse rather handy ;) not exactly a gaming mouse, but requires little cleaning and is quite a space-saver on my workdesk.

most of the sales people hasn't got a clue what's it for, what's in the box, how does it work etc. although they should be liable for verbal agreements, I think you would better off saving yourself a lot of frustration and trouble if you would just ask to see the contents before you pay for it.

very often, they are not out to "con" you but mere product ignorance and just wanted quick sales.

timlim said:
i understand your frustration, but i would be very careful in describing your experience as a "scam". unless the box says a mouse is included (scam by intuous), or someone at the shop assured you that there's a mouse included (scam by the shop), no one has really "tricked" or "conned" anybody. you have simply made the assumption that what you saw on the internet is what you bought.

product differentiation across markets is common nowadays. caveat emptor - buyer beware!

Yup caveat emptor. So i'm emptoring everyone just in case they get mislead by any of the sites out there selling this. It does come packaged with PS elements 3, corel painter 2 and a PS plugin, which i don't really need except for the PS plugin.

So far it's working great. Should've forked out for one a long time ago. There's a 12x12 I2 version at 479 at tecdome if anyone is keen. That's one big tablet.

emmm, just curious.
yours is 6x8 or 4x5?

If 4x5, do u think is big enough?

if 6x8, do u think the additional express strip, quicktabs on the right useful?

Btw, $479 price seems quite near to Intuos 3 6x8 ($30-$40 difference). Yes?

actually i got the 9x12. I originally thought the 6x8 would be ok, but i wanted to do some illustration, plus a bit of impulse on the day itself got to me in the end. I think the 6x8 is quite suited for a lot of applications. At the moment i'm narrowing down the range of the 9x12 to roughly 6x8 for the main window. You can just rest your hand on the edge and will be able to span the entire window.

I've never used the intuos 2, but some of the reviews out there point out that the added resolution you get on the I3 doesn't quite translate into the extra dollars spent. I find the touch strip and the keys a bit useless, because mostly my other hand is on the keyboard and hotkeys there have been set. If i had to choose again, i'd just stick to the I3 than the I2, but that's mostly because of the design, then again the 12x12 I2 seems quite nice.

The I3 6x8 is 459 everywhere. I mean everywhere including funan. It's like some kind of price fixing. You can talk down the price though.

I went down to Challenger at Funan today to take a look at the packaging of Intuos 3. If you look at the lower right back of the box, you will see that the mouse is not included and it is an optional accessory.

I hope this will solve your mystery in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.