Introducing Sexy Indian-Chinese Model, Vanessa!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poison Ivy Media

Jul 13, 2006
Hey Everybody!!!

Let's introduce this really sexy Indian-Chinese Model, vanessa!
We are organising a shoot-out for her soon, so hold your horses, else if you can't wait, you can PM us!!! =)

Here's a casual photo of her...
Feast your eyes...

van1.jpg

You'll be hearing from us soon!
PIM, signing out!

Poison Ivy, welcome to CS.

Just a comment. The picture you posted of Venessa does not do her justice. Why did you even bother to do so is beyond me. Casual or not, I don't care, but this is not a good photo.

What I don't understand is, why?

i believe casual photo is not realli proper.. as u can see.. most of the models here do post photographs from their portfolio if they wanted to do a shoot....

glennyong said:
i believe casual photo is not realli proper.. as u can see.. most of the models here do post photographs from their portfolio if they wanted to do a shoot....
Then the question, why? No portfolio?

If the model is that new, why should photographers pay?

Deadpoet said:
Then the question, why? No portfolio?

now that is a very good question.

why should a photographer pay for a newbie model?
if she has experience and can pose for the camera
then show us

Vanessa is not new. She has taking undergone several testshoots with professional photographers. Those photos are not posted because I suppose she wants to respect the picture's ownership and copyright issues. I've been on a shoot with Vanessa before and I can vouch that she is professional.

a9ape said:
Vanessa is not new. She has taking undergone several testshoots with professional photographers. Those photos are not posted because I suppose she wants to respect the picture's ownership and copyright issues. I've been on a shoot with Vanessa before and I can vouch that she is professional.

So you should have pics to share maybe ? That should not infringe any copyright ?

That would be nice and more advertising for your model ? ;)

Wow!

If this simple snapshot of Vanessa can show her to be so gorgeous, I need not see the need for any other images!

Her beauty is obvious. And even if she is a newbie, I have absolutely no problem, because I really dislike "poses" dished out by "pros".

My only other requirement her is that she is willing to work with me to create some images.

And I will pay!

Deadpoet said:

I am always intrigue by this question .....
Just because the model is new, why not the photographers pay?

Just replace the model with .... a dog, a child, a filmstar (who has never done any model shoot before), ... then should the photographers pay for the service of such model?

I hope members here should not inculcate this idea of having "free lunch" from new models ....:nono: at least not when you are not going to give free photographic service to others. If you think the rate is too high for any model, you can either negotiate (even if you think your photographic skill will justify free shooting by barter trade, etc..) or you can keep the comment privately. I don't think you would be happy if someone says your skill sucks and you should provide free photographic service to him.... :think:

By paying a model, u are paying for her to pose for u to take certain pics. If a model is new, chances is that she will not know how to pose and the photographer will have to teach her how to pose. This is different from the photographer throwing out ideas to the model, telling the model what to pose and fine tuning it.

If a model totally does not know how to pose, than a TFCD is more appropriate.

But of course, if a new model wans a paid shoot and photographers are willing to pay, y not.

Think we have OT in this thread.

Looking forward to Vanessa's shoot

Cheers

ortega said:
why should a photographer pay for a newbie model?
if she has experience and can pose for the camera
then show us
When you pay a certain amount to a model, the sum includes:

1. the model's time (opportunity cost, even a grandma is paid standing at a fastfood joint counter),
2. the model's asset (such as look, style, titles, - it's well known fact that some photogy will pay premium amount for the twin towers and nothing else matters to them more)
2. the organiser's time, props, service, transports, etc....
3. the model's skills, experience, etc...

So if you are not prepared to pay anything for the model's skills or experience, you'll still need to take care of the other costs .... surely they can't be free, can they? :think:

At least a full length photo should be posted, as well as a reasonable photo of her face. I'm sure you guys don't want to take pimples or facial scars. The blurring of this photo suggest that there is something to hide.

Canonised said:
When you pay a certain amount to a model, the sum includes:

1. the model's time (opportunity cost, even a grandma is paid standing at a fastfood joint counter),
2. the model's asset (such as look, style, titles, - it's well known fact that some photogy will pay premium amount for the twin towers and nothing else matters to them more)
2. the organiser's time, props, service, transports, etc....
3. the model's skills, experience, etc...

So if you are not prepared to pay anything for the model's skills or experience, you'll still need to take care of the other costs .... surely they can't be free, can they? :think:

Hmmm, somehow I have much to agree with you!;)

i am not gay, but the guy looks cute... hahaha is he coming for the shoot too?

andrewtanjk said:
At least a full length photo should be posted, as well as a reasonable photo of her face. I'm sure you guys don't want to take pimples or facial scars. The blurring of this photo suggest that there is something to hide.

To me, the photo that is shown is quite reasonable.

Common sense tells me that a model with face badly scarred will be out of business very quickly!

Besides a9ape had already gave some info on Vanessa.

Common sense!

a9ape said:
Vanessa is not new. ... I've been on a shoot with Vanessa before and I can vouch that she is professional.

A professional photographer will have a portfolio. If Vanessa is a professional, why show a snap shot?

I am not questioning if Vanessa is beautiful or not. That was not my question. My question was why no proper portfolio? Showing a blurred out of focus picture is a great way to market yourself. Unless you are marketing to those who cannot hold a camera still and focus straight.

student said:
Hmmm, somehow I have much to agree with you!;)
i think it's about time for us to meet .................. :bsmilie: :heart: :sweatsm:

I am yet to meet a trully professional model that does not have at the very least a 'card', which is effectivelly a models name card (this card btw is usually either A5 sized or A4 folded depending on how much work the model has done). On this card there are a number of images of the model from various shoots + at the very least a good sized head and/or body shot depending on what the models assets are. THey may not have an online portolio, but they could at the very least scan the card.

Now, I have nothing against the image posted, but I do take issue with statements like "Those photos are not posted because I suppose she wants to respect the picture's ownership and copyright issues". This is complete rubbish. Either she has a portfolio or she doesn't. Either she is a professional model or she isn't (doesn't mean that she isn't experienced though).

It really boils down to this - if she is a pro, then how does she get work without a portfolio?

My gosh! In that case you would believe anything. I would not take anyone's word for it unless I have seen some decent shots of the model. ModelInn has always been professional to show at least 3 photos from the models portfolio in high resolution. I'm just saying that if you are too quick to believe then you will be disappointed, speaking from experience.

it is very odd there is no portfolio..

most photographers i know, who go to such model shoots, are quite happy to let the models have some pictures for their portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.