()-Introducing Mayra-()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxy

Aug 15, 2004
Orchard Rd Area
www.themoxoms.com
Thanks to Ivan @ Modleinn, today's photo shoot with Mayra

Here are a few to whet your appetite for this Mexican Beauty.

C&C Welcomed..
#1 Caught in the LimeLight

#2 A Different View

15mm Canon Fisheye, Unusal perspective of a model shoot.

#3 Distorted Reality

#4 Look in to my eyes

I hope you enjoy them just a fraction of the enjoyment i got from working with Mayra today.

Cheers & Beers

Moxy

Moxy

Aug 15, 2004
Orchard Rd Area
www.themoxoms.com
This was the 4th shot in the series, but i decided not to post it earlier as it may have been "too" suggestive.

Her explanation was that at a recent "Marie Claire" magazine shoot she was asked to take a bite out of a hamburger.. that's what she said!!..

enjoy

Moxy

eow

Jun 22, 2004
she has very big eyes......

fattyboonboon

Mar 29, 2006
www.protocol13.org
Hi Moxy!
Gonna hitch a ride on your thread, hope you dont mind! Dont wanna start too many threads.

Mayra is a real beauty and she was extremely fun to work with. Thanks to ModelInn for organizing this shoot.

Hope to see you soon Moxy and take care!

ronwong

Apr 13, 2006
great shots. the top down shot was creative.

Moxy

Aug 15, 2004
Orchard Rd Area
www.themoxoms.com
Long Thai Bean said:
Was there a make-up artist present to do her makeup?

1) Not sure if it is my screen or your camera calibration ... but the first pic looks like it has a green cast ... ? Anyone else see that ?

RGDs
No MU present, makeup was done prior to the shoot.

The green cast was actually caused by the environment, reflected light etc. All the shots in that location have the same coloration, even after post process white balance, i only shoot RAW.

Long Thai Bean said:
2) Her big eyes are very pretty, but also causes a problem because of the eye-bags .... Check #1, #4 and #6
RGDs
Agreed, From almost 1000 shots I took yesterday, i discarded around 90% of them before going in to final rankings and post processing, of which i have a personal selection of around 35 images, so that's 3.5% of "keepers" and even then the bags under her eyes are very apparent. I'm not a big fan of retouching (probably because i suck at it)... It's unfortunate that the bags under her eyes are so prominent.

Long Thai Bean said:
3) #2 A Different View is a nice concept, but i noticed a lot of other elements in the photo that should have moved or been moved out of the frame ... With all the clutter in the frame, this pic would just become a casual record shot of what happented during the shoot ...

RGDs
It's very hard to eliminate anything with a 180 degree field of view, i shoot full frame on a true fisheye lens, i can see my own legs in the shot, and it was taken as a sort of record of the shoot to some degree, but i felt it offered an interesting perspective. I guess if i had have had the model, location etc to myself, and a crew of technicians to help "execute" the shot, and all the gear required to shoot that without seeing the ancillary items, it would have been fun to try, needless to say, she was a great model to work with and i would jump at the chance to work with her again any time.

Cheers

Moxy

Moxy

Aug 15, 2004
Orchard Rd Area
www.themoxoms.com
fattyboonboon said:
Hi Moxy!

Hope to see you soon Moxy and take care!
Hey Fatty, Nice images, and it was great seeing you again.

I love #2, great composition, off centre, but beautifully balanced..

cheers

Moxy

Moxy

Aug 15, 2004
Orchard Rd Area
www.themoxoms.com
Long Thai Bean said:
Did anyone feedback to the organiser before the shoot that the model had huge eyebags? If a MUA was there to do the make-up ... even prior to the shoot ... this could be "sort of" covoered up and corrected ... to a degree. Even if the model had done her own make-up ... maybe she could had done some more work to cover up the eyebags ...

That brings up the second point below ... after 1000+ shots, there is a 3.5% keepers rate and even these 3.5% had the eyebag problem ... If you were a little more "strict" on yourself ... wouldn't this be a totally failed shoot ??

PS : I am not trying to put the organier or the model down ... but i seriously think this is one of the "not so good shoots" organised by modelinn ... He has done fantastic jobs with the other models/shoots ... but this one just seem lacking ...

RGDs
Thanks for your input, i don't consider this a failed shoot, i think i got some amazing pictures, sure she has panda eyes to a degree, having been on about 5 modelinn shoots, i actually feel this was the best (for me anyway) yet. The model was experienced enough, yet fresh and had a certain innocence and playfulness about her.

As for the 3.5%, i have about 10% in actual fact, but wanted to narrow it down for the sake of clarity and to allow me some variety to pick and choose what i post etc. I take photos for my own pleasure, it's my escape from the stress of everyday life, family, work, etc. To have the ability to shoot an "up and coming" model so to speak, is a real treat.

Unfortunately this is probably my last modelinn shoot, or shoot of this nature for a long long time to come, I'm relocating back to Oz next month, after 4 great years here in singapore. We just don't get these sorts of opportunities in oz that i know of to shoot models, or even amateurs in a group, collaborative experience, more than the model, it's the networking with other fanatical hobbyists, swap "war stories" show off our latest piece of tech, glass, technique or whatever, and for that alone, i will forever be thankful to Ivan & Edmund and the ModelInn experience..

maybe i have left you with a quizacle thought.. and in case i have not, here is one from the model herself.. the beautiful Mayra

Cheers

Moxy

ellery

Jan 29, 2002
Visit site
In the spirt of fair play, most of you may not have noticed there is a good percentage of people have eye bag built in so to speak. Have talked to various make up artists up this - just a friendly FYI - if eye bags are minor they can be touched out during makeup but if they are major it's just not possible - if they were concealed and lighten out there is a very strong chance that there would be a whiter area where the eye bags were. Why they are there in first place - people live hard today rest little so eye bags are standard facial accessories..... hey I did not have eye bags 4 years ago now they are like facial hair part of the standard package. To remove eye bags - the responsiblity is also on the photographer to choice an appropriate pose with appropriate lighting to less or eliminate this. Seasoned people shooters do this instinctively. If as a photogrpaher you want to bitch about the model's eye bags, bitch about the MAU "failure" to make them out and do nothing for yourself - can only say enjoy the eye bags and bitching seasons. Plse note I am not buddy buddy with modelin - actually I have yet to use his services.

student

Jul 26, 2004
Sorry to hear that you are leaving. But glad that you do have some pleasant moments here! Hope we meet again!

I would love to photograph this young lady. Unfortunately, the timing was just unsuitable for me. She look like one with so much enthusiasm and fun! I think you guys had a lovely time! She is the type I would love to have a one-one session.

I have no problems with eyebags. I have never been interested to present images of people with no "flaws". It is unimportant to me. To me, it is the moment, the spirit that is important.

And for such a shoot, the memory, the fun.

Moxy

Aug 15, 2004
Orchard Rd Area
www.themoxoms.com
student said:
I have never been interested to present images of people with no "flaws". It is unimportant to me. To me, it is the moment, the spirit that is important.
So Eloquant Doc.. thx.. could not have expressed this better myself.

cheers

moxy

andrewtanjk

Oct 30, 2005
West of Singapore
www.photo.net
I really did not notice that there were eyebags in Mayra's eye before it was pointed out in this thread. But honestly, she is one pretty lass and her beauty really overshadows any 'bags' in her eyes. She was one of the most fun models to work with. Great relaxed attitude, a fun girl and she really has beautiful big eyes. A rare chance to work with a Mexican girl. ModelInn is a great organiser. In fact the only I attend on a regular basis. Cheers! :thumbsup:

Wisp

May 21, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Moxy said:
Thanks for your input, i don't consider this a failed shoot, i think i got some amazing pictures, sure she has panda eyes to a degree, having been on about 5 modelinn shoots, i actually feel this was the best (for me anyway) yet. The model was experienced enough, yet fresh and had a certain innocence and playfulness about her.

As for the 3.5%, i have about 10% in actual fact, but wanted to narrow it down for the sake of clarity and to allow me some variety to pick and choose what i post etc. I take photos for my own pleasure, it's my escape from the stress of everyday life, family, work, etc. To have the ability to shoot an "up and coming" model so to speak, is a real treat.

Unfortunately this is probably my last modelinn shoot, or shoot of this nature for a long long time to come, I'm relocating back to Oz next month, after 4 great years here in singapore. We just don't get these sorts of opportunities in oz that i know of to shoot models, or even amateurs in a group, collaborative experience, more than the model, it's the networking with other fanatical hobbyists, swap "war stories" show off our latest piece of tech, glass, technique or whatever, and for that alone, i will forever be thankful to Ivan & Edmund and the ModelInn experience..

maybe i have left you with a quizacle thought.. and in case i have not, here is one from the model herself.. the beautiful Mayra

Cheers

Moxy

Actually in sydney, we do have a few groups like this you're looking for. Early when I arrived, I had joined one to get a darkroom to use before I became the darkroom manager of my current uni. Mostly a bunch of working adults, but their finger food was fantastic *muse*. They basically show their stuff every wednesday, which basically made my eyes water. Imagine looking through slide after slide for 3 hours!! (9pm - 12am). Plus it's on a wednesday and a very next day I had uni early in the morning.

It's a pity..I'm sure I would've gotten along well..but apparently from what I heard there are many more *competitive* ones floating around in NSW...

(p.s. Man...that last pic sold me! I wouldn't mind dating her!! LOL)

modelinn

Apr 3, 2006
#3 Distorted Reality

Nice series Peter, I love these 2 especially:)

Status
Not open for further replies.