Intro to CS...

Rc311

Oct 10, 2010
Dears all Csers...

This is my first post.. here to say hello to everyone...

Currently holding a D5000 and wish to learn more and soon to turn out as a pro.. (just kidding)

Cheers!
RC

Dears all Csers...

Currently holding a D5000 and wish to learn more and soon to turn out as a pro.. (just kidding)

Cheers!
RC

welcome to CS! do look thru the newbies corner for some tips, and the outings section for, well, outings that you can join. or if you want to just chat, drop by the kopitiam section.

read your manual SLOWLY and try to read up more on the basics first. happy shooting!

Dears all Csers...

Cheers!
RC
hello to you and welcome to CS! :)

The road to being a pro photographer is a long and arduous one. Not everyone makes it.
Make sure you understand the basics first. That is your all-important foundation as you advance...

Dears all Csers...

Cheers!
RC

Good to set target... motivate you...

Hi welcome to CS!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!;)
Happy shooting!!:thumbsup:

Welcome to CS man!!!! Do join outings!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum... and have an open mind but closed wallet~! :bsmilie:

Thanks for your links and all the replies!!!

Think I will have a hard time going thru them all... lolx.

Btw, is there somewhere I could read on the Lens? Though I have some knowledge of the basic photography, but I still very confuse about the Lens, especially the spec. Which and what type of lens suitable for the purpose usage?

Last edited:
Welcome to CS :)

Thanks for your links and all the replies!!!

Think I will have a hard time going thru them all... lolx.

Btw, is there somewhere I could read on the Lens? Though I have some knowledge of the basic photography, but I still very confuse about the Lens, especially the spec. Which and what type of lens suitable for the purpose usage?

here and here, to name a few.

if you're confused about the numbers that categorize these lenses, here's a quick guide for the kit 18-55, for example

AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR

AF-S (built-in motor inside the lens to help with the AF)
DX (specifically designed for DX camera bodies)
NIKKOR (brand)
18-55mm (focal length. 2 numbers mean its a zoom lens with 18mm at its widest and 55mm at the tele end. one number i.e 50mm means its a fixed focal length or prime lens)
f/3.5-5.6 (maximum aperture. 2 numbers mean that max aperture varies as you zoom i.e it's f/3.5 at 18mm but goes up to f/5.6 at 55mm)
G (means no aperture ring, unlike the old "D" lens like the 50mm f/1.8D
VR (Vibration Reduction for image stabilization when shooting handheld

sorry, didn't mean to give a lecture, but there's still a lot on nikon's lenses like ED, SWM, N, and IF that makes it look like the alphabet soup :bsmilie: :sweat:

Hi Pasay,

Thanks for your post and link... Now I fully understand the shortform of them!!!