intro DSLR cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinks

Jan 17, 2007
hello...

kinda new to photography. me and my sis gonna invest in a DSLR very soon but i have no idea which brand or model is good... so can any 1 intro me a cam which is not bad for arecreational newbie like me? budget is ard $600? and oh i thing my sis demand is a big lcd screen... any DSLR that fits the bill? thanks a lot!

You sure you want a DSLR camera that allows you to change lenses, or a digital compact camera with a fixed zoom lens that you just point and shoot??

Also is your sis intending to use the big LCD screen for focusing and previewing?? If that is the case almost all DSLR do not have that function.

I think the best question is, which brand or model is suited for a person who is just begining to take up digital photography. Me also new here. Is there any recomendations for any good digital SLR camera without burning a hole in the pocket???

Cheers

PS Sorry Kinks for hijackinng your thread

Budget around $600 is difficult to get fresh new dslr camera. Can try on B/S forum for 2nd hand dslr camera.

Invest camera and buy dry cabinet.

Regards,
Arto.

I don't think a DSLR is what you need, especially if your sister is insisting on a "big LCD screen".

Just get a regular Sony point-and-shoot. Nice, big screen.

hello...

kinda new to photography. me and my sis gonna invest in a DSLR very soon but i have no idea which brand or model is good... so can any 1 intro me a cam which is not bad for arecreational newbie like me? budget is ard $600? and oh i thing my sis demand is a big lcd screen... any DSLR that fits the bill? thanks a lot!
better stick to a PnS for that requirement and budget. :)

hmm, you can try olympus c750u or that series, its relatively cheap now, can learn aboutthe skills and stuff of it like a slr, etc ISO, Shutter speed, Aperture ctrl etc but you get the LCD screen to see..

else, just go for a SONY or Canon PNS camera, cheap and big LCD screen..

my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.