Into the Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootnick

Sep 21, 2008

(Click to enlarge)

My first attempt at B&W. Wanted to capture the walking-into-the-light mood, so i overexposed the shot and darkened using Picasa (i can't afford photoshop yet).

This was taken at Changi Airport MRT station walkway. I felt the picture gave a 'modern' meaning to those walking-into-the-light kinda photos. Simply, if I were to caption the photo it'll be "Why walk into the light when you could take the travelator?"

Was wondering if I overexposed and darkened the picture too much when I attempted to create a contrast. Was also wondering if the rule of thirds applied to those pictures of horizons, as well as pictures such as this.

Taken with a Canon EOS 1000D F/3.5 with kit lens at 18mm. Shutter speed 1/6s at ISO 100.

your light seems a little too small. with the description you gave, are the walls needed in the picture?

umm they kinda give reflection to the picture

i think it's a nice picture graphically/ as an abstract,

but your title/explanation/writing about it kind of spoils it for me.

if 'waling into the light', i would crop it right at the end of the travellator handles, maybe, so half the frame is filled with light'

conceptually, it feels like it's trying too hard for me... whereas as just a graphic, i think it's a good effort...

BUT! i am an amateur. do take note of that. :bsmilie:

Composition and B/W contrast is decent for this image. The dude in the picture is facing the wrong direction.

You could have increase the iso to 800 instead. No point shooting a iso 100 image with handshake blur. ISO noise is never a real problem in monocolor images.

5/10

Last edited:
The dude in the picture is facing the wrong direction.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i thought your comments are pretty alright, save for this part.

the "dude in the picture" is making such a small element, frankly speaking, what does it matter what direction he faces when he is that size? :rolleyes:

the "dude in the picture" is making such a small element, frankly speaking, what does it matter what direction he faces when he is that size?

INTO the Light.

Personally I like this picture. Good use of perspective with the lines leading the viewer's eyes into the light. And I agree with night86mare. I thnk krit was just looking for something to pick on.

Last edited:
hey thanks alot for the comments, will keep on working on my skills^^

Status
Not open for further replies.