Into the Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Into_the_Light__by_Lens_On.jpg

Hello people! This is my first post into clubsnap and to critique corner. ;) So I'll try to keep to the rules for critique as close as possible.

Got this picture taken last December at Mt Titlis. I've used Exposure: 1/800, ISO 100, f/7.1.

A silhouette was shot because there's a very strong sun at the back covered by the boy. I want to show the two of them 'walking into the light' which I don't know if it does show.

I personally like this shot because of the backlighting creating the slight halo around them and the long shadow casted by the strong mid day sun.

Okay, I really don't know what to write as this is my first post. Hope you don't mind and give me your critique and comments! ;)

Beautiful!
I love it!

But is it really mid day? The sun is down the horizone.....

Last edited:
I like it, but i would lose the signature or make it smaller.

The snowflakes coming down add to the atmosphere of the shot.

Btw, Mt titlis is really beautiful huh. I kinda miss the place.

Beautiful!
I love it!

But is it really mid day? The sun is down the horizone.....

Hey, thanks! :D Yeah I think it was just around lunch time like that. The ground is not flat actually, it's quite a steep slope up.

I like it, but i would lose the signature or make it smaller.

The snowflakes coming down add to the atmosphere of the shot.

Btw, Mt titlis is really beautiful huh. I kinda miss the place.

Thanks for your comment! :D I'll make the signature smaller in the future.
Yeah, Titlis was great, a pity I didn't know how to ski. Lol, i'm sixteen only and seldom visit winter countries for skiing. :(

I like this photo. This fact that its silhouette makes it nicer. By the way, is snowing right? And was is windy too? It looks like those snow nearer the ground are being blown up and not falling...Nice colour and angle, but do wish to see the adult with his/her head up.:)

I like this photo. This fact that its silhouette makes it nicer. By the way, is snowing right? And was is windy too? It looks like those snow nearer the ground are being blown up and not falling...Nice colour and angle, but do wish to see the adult with his/her head up.:)

Thanks! :D
Yeah, pretty strong wind near the peak which explains the snow flying up.
Ah, both are kids fyi. Hahaha, my brother and cousin 15 and 9 years old only. ;)

the specs of snow are magical! I tot they looked like stars.*.*. This picture is so beautiful.

they don't really seem to be walking from posture but i do like these poses. more static and peaceful against the strong winds.! might be even more awesome from the centre behind them. love this! brilliant.

From the size diff, can't really tell from a teen with an adult.:)

Thanks! :D
Yeah, pretty strong wind near the peak which explains the snow flying up.
Ah, both are kids fyi. Hahaha, my brother and cousin 15 and 9 years old only. ;)

good idea, but a tad overprocessed, looking a wee bit 2d.

and wish the silhouettes were more distinct - the guy on the right is fine, but the guy on the left would definitely look better if he was standing up straight! :)

For the person on the left, I only wish to see his/her head, I find him/her bending down is ok as he/she is helping the little kid, more heart warming.:)

and wish the silhouettes were more distinct - the guy on the right is fine, but the guy on the left would definitely look better if he was standing up straight! :)

the specs of snow are magical! I tot they looked like stars.*.*. This picture is so beautiful.

they don't really seem to be walking from posture but i do like these poses. more static and peaceful against the strong winds.! might be even more awesome from the centre behind them. love this! brilliant.

Hey, thanks! They aren't actually posing for me, they were actually trying their best to get to the top as the slope was quite steep. Yeah, and pretty strong wind up there too. ;)

and wish the silhouettes were more distinct - the guy on the right is fine, but the guy on the left would definitely look better if he was standing up straight!

Thanks for your comments! :) I'll take note of that in the future.
Haha, and like I said it was hard for them to stand straight because it was actually quite a steep slope and they had a little tough time walking up.

For the person on the left, I only wish to see his/her head, I find him/her bending down is ok as he/she is helping the little kid, more heart warming.:)

Hi, thanks for the comment yeah. ;)
Both of them are guys anyway, i notice you keep typing him/her. They're my brother and cousin. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

Hey, thanks! They aren't actually posing for me, they were actually trying their best to get to the top as the slope was quite steep. Yeah, and pretty strong wind up there too. ;)

Thanks for your comments! :) I'll take note of that in the future.
Haha, and like I said it was hard for them to stand straight because it was actually quite a steep slope and they had a little tough time walking up.

Hi, thanks for the comment yeah. ;)
Both of them are guys anyway, i notice you keep typing him/her. They're my brother and cousin. :bsmilie:

yes.. right now he looks like a huge bird if one has a vivid enough imagination.. :bsmilie:

beautiful!

After looking at the dark silhouette for a while I feel that there should be some detail in it. Did you removed them all?:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.