Into the dark (Self Potrait)

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnivek

Feb 15, 2005
Eastside
natnivek.multiply.com
Hi guys, had this idea pop into my head. Wanted to hear some comments and critique about it. Let me know if it works in your opinion.

*removed*

Now that you've seen it, tell me how you feel...
ps: I'll be removing the pic soon...

Kevin, looks like the shot had lighting from the front.

Can try for effect for the lighting to be from the side.

Blot out the oily parts of the face, so u dun get the burned parts due to the light reflection.

Nice. :thumbsup:

great idea. As lifeworld says looks like the mord smiths in starswars.

You look menacing man.

The face seems patchy... not smooth.

BTW how did you achieve the colour?

Lifeworld: Thanks, was trying to show a dark side of a person. Tried my best to carry it off... ;p Did it work?

rhair78: Actually the light was boucing off the wall on my right. You can't see the wall here but actually my face is just beside the wall (Practically leaning on it). I guess I was a tad too close to the wall. So when the light bounced, it bounced to the front of my face.

zenesh: Patchy? Hmmm.... Looks fine on my comp leh. ;) But if you meant grainy, I kinda liked that effect. Initially filtered this through NR. Didn't like the smooth feel... As for colour, this was taken under yellow light bouncing off my blue wall (so un-pro ;p ), the rest is mostly playing with curves and colour balance.

Thanks for the comments! :thumbsup:

:bigeyes:
I wun dare to look at it if it's green in color :bsmilie:

Like INcredible Hulk look. :sticktong

Just kidding.

I was thinking more on the lines of "Evil within" kind of thing. :bsmilie: Hmmm.... Maybe my face not evil enough... ;)

natnivek said:
I was thinking more on the lines of "Evil within" kind of thing. :bsmilie: Hmmm.... Maybe my face not evil enough... ;)

aiyo evil enough already lah, 1st thought that flash across my mind is SATAN :devil:

mlwang said:
aiyo evil enough already lah, 1st thought that flash across my mind is SATAN :devil:

hahaha... add two horns on his head will sure be like evil :bsmilie:

But it's quite nicely done. As the matter of fact, it gives a kind of danger is approaching feeling.

Cheers
John

mlwang said:

John Teoh said:
hahaha... add two horns on his head will sure be like evil :bsmilie:

But it's quite nicely done. As the matter of fact, it gives a kind of danger is approaching feeling.

Cheers
John

LoLz ... true true ... the fact that the eyes can't be seen seems to add to the effect ... looks like one of those realistic looking face masks that people wear in movies to impersonate someone ... heh heh ... only this one is hanging on its stand ... so no eyes? ... nice effect too =P

the eye ball should have those shiny light. with some blood drooling .. :bigeyes:

Aint that evil thought of mine! :bsmilie:

Effect mah :think: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I was actually thinking of how can I focus on the eyes and make it really obvious or something... PS skills not that powerful, so... This is what I can do for now. ;p

Oh yah... Please don't disfigure me.... Much appreciated... :sweat:

natnivek said:
I was actually thinking of how can I focus on the eyes and make it really obvious or something... PS skills not that powerful, so... This is what I can do for now. ;p

Oh yah... Please don't disfigure me.... Much appreciated... :sweat:

Mmm... maybe you want to check out the poster or picture for "Terminator" ;p

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
Mmm... maybe you want to check out the poster or picture for "Terminator" ;p

Cheers
John

Huh? I lost... What terminator? You want me to pose as terminator ah? No "Sei" lah... Maybe Ricky can... ;)

Just a thought, we can consider doing some modeling for each other... Free... :bsmilie:

natnivek said:
Huh? I lost... What terminator? You want me to pose as terminator ah? No "Sei" lah... Maybe Ricky can... ;)

Just a thought, we can consider doing some modeling for each other... Free... :bsmilie:

Wat the heck??? suddenly pull me into the water.
I can pose at food exterminator only. :bwhat:

josho said:
the eye ball should have those shiny light. with some blood drooling .. :bigeyes:

Aint that evil thought of mine! :bsmilie:

Effect mah :think: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

PSed it! I like the idea...kekekeke

natnivek said:

I mean you check the poster for the movie "Terminator". They use a red eye to show the effect.

Cheers
John

ParkertR said:
whoa dang! scary :S hehe
Scary ah? Haha... Then I got the results I want... ;p

JimDavis said:
PSed it! I like the idea...kekekeke
Noooooooooo!!!!! :nono: But if you copy the picture with someone else's face it doesn't bother me... ;)

John Teoh said:
I mean you check the poster for the movie "Terminator". They use a red eye to show the effect.
Ohh.... That one robot mah... I human... Asta Lavista Baby...:cool:

rhair78 said:
Wat the heck??? suddenly pull me into the water.
You got the most "pattern" one mah... Would be a very interesting subject. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.