Status
Not open for further replies.

boen

Jan 19, 2006
ponggol 21
pls help me improve on it bros n sis...
many thanks in advance:sweat:
IMG_1278a.jpg

Too err... how do I put it in a better way? Oh heck! Too vulgar. I genuinely think that you're trying too hard to fit the picture into your theme, by using an unnaturally desaturated foreground to represent a boring present/past, and a not so outstanding saturated background (maybe even not saturated... but blue is quite close to white, which doesn't make it any outstanding in already an almost "grayish" scene. Take the word "gray" with a pinch of salt here) to represent the future.

The pier isn't a good place to create the tunnel-effect of moving from past to future. Unless you can prove otherwise, I really think that the real problem with the picture is just using the inappropriate subject to fit the theme you wanted.

The_Cheat said:
Too err... how do I put it in a better way? Oh heck! Too vulgar. I genuinely think that you're trying too hard to fit the picture into your theme, by using an unnaturally desaturated foreground to represent a boring present/past, and a not so outstanding saturated background (maybe even not saturated... but blue is quite close to white, which doesn't make it any outstanding in already an almost "grayish" scene. Take the word "gray" with a pinch of salt here) to represent the future.

The pier isn't a good place to create the tunnel-effect of moving from past to future. Unless you can prove otherwise, I really think that the real problem with the picture is just using the inappropriate subject to fit the theme you wanted.
thanks for being nice in commenting my pic tactfully.. heh..appreciate that.
ya, i do agreed the "future" is not very impressive(i only have blue n some insignificant colours to play with)..
but indeed the "future" of Clifford Pier isn't very very bright given the fact that its going to be demolish soon or give way to some modern architectual.. which is why i put "open n close" quotations ard the "bright" word.
thanks for the comments....:sweat:

I like it better with full B&W with Sepia tone

Status
Not open for further replies.