Intimacy Moment

Dynam0

Mar 19, 2010
Parrot-IntimacyMomment_2_.jpg

1. What area is critique to be sought?
Composure, exposure, etc...

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Managed to have some luck to capture the moment of intimacy between these two parrots.
Hope viewers like this shot.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Took the photo afternoon time at Jurong Bird Park.

Shooting Mode : Aperture Priority
Shutter Speed : 1/80
Aperture : f2.8
ISO : 200
Focal Length : 200mm

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Personally, I find the parrots behavior quite intimacy and cute. It seems like they are in a kissing angle.

Last edited:
the parrots are a little out of focus. perhaps your hands were shaking when you took the photo.

nice colours displayed. the background's slightly messy with the leaves, but that's my opinion.

could have shifted the composition slightly to the right. there's an excess space on the left which doesn't seem to bring out anything.

it's a nice shot though. goes well with your topic. keep shooting!

hmmm.. not much separation between the both birds and the background.. they seem to blend together.. not very pleasant on the eyes.. birds are also oof. u might want to use a higher shutter speed? 1/80 is really slow for moving objects..maybe 1/250? a tighter crop would work better for me =)

hmmm.. not much separation between the both birds and the background

I agree with the background seperation part. If you have a longer lens you might consider standing further away and maximize your zoom otherwise open up your aperture to widest to get more bokeh (I believe you're already at max at 200mm f/2.8, so i guess this can't be helped). I would prefer that you make several steps to the left before making the shot, to show both birds at an angle where their eyes are visible (unless you were trying to avoid some undesirable background distractions). When using telephoto lenses its best shoot at a shutter speed faster than your focal range, in this case 200mm will require at least 1/200s. Increasing your ISO to 500 would have been of help increasing your chances of getting a stable shot. :)

Thanks all for the tips, will take note next times. ;)