Internet Vigilantism

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are supporting unlawful behaviour as it has occurred?

whether or not the alleged harassment is deemed unlawful or otherwise is up to the Courts of Law to decide... unless Octarine is Your Honor at Court presiding over a report of such a case of harassment then the legality or illegality of it is grey.

Also if you take a different perspective of what Christeo is saying, he could be referring to the advice given by CASE (complaints are so easy) leader of " Don't want to be scAmmed then be careful not to be scammed ".

After all, Christeo is only advocating protection instead of assault or harassment or any quasi legal or illegal means .

So you are supporting unlawful behaviour as it has occurred?
i dunno if its lawful or not. If theyd broken the law, arrest them!
I only know for now throwing.coins is still legal in spore.

Please give him a few months to get over the shock.

No one not even the honourable minister is shockproof. :)

Send in the Shock Troopers... $Shocktrooper.PNG$Shocktrooper.PNG$Shocktrooper.PNG

I'll send uncle Sion in red loincloth in front of the shop :bsmilie:

If you have no way of actually trying to make the law better by giving suggestions and have a mature discussion, and would rather choose to glorify neanderthal practices and harassment tactics, then it just shows what kind of character you are.

I don't side Jover nor his staff, and i believe he should be severely punished. But taking matters into their own hands and breaking the law to enact social justice? How is that different from the social justice that rival gangs meted out on each other and caused some deaths and serious injuries in the past few years?

You know there are differences between moral and legal law, right ?
If you want examples go to corrupt countries where the law is bent for the benefit of the ruler.
Sometimes is OK not to obey 'The Law'.. I prefer the blind lady with a sword and scale :)

Reactions: Foxshade
the way to rectify it is to implement the customer protection law already in place by CASE.
has it?!

if people wanna fight fire with fire, which is what it is now, i say go ahead! which is not taking sides from my perspective.

wow... listen to yourself

kei seems to live there too

naw... i live in a HDB block in one of the poorer estates in Singapore. maybe you should come live here too.

if you think the law way broken by "harassment " or vigilante action please feel free to make a police report.

and... why should i be the vigilante?

wow... listen to yourself

naw... i live in a HDB block in one of the poorer estates in Singapore. maybe you should come live here too.

and... why should i be the vigilante?
Yep.in the meantime, keep typing here like the rest of us.

There is not much consumer protection here.

Every one chooses to do what they choose to do.

Scammers choose to scam within the limits of the law.

Vigilantes choose to extract justice (within or without).

If the scammers want to sue, let them sue. They will have to find the real culprits and have a solid case to make it stick.

It goes both ways.

No point talking more about this and everyone get riled up. Each individual chooses his/her own actions, and are accountable for them, be it consequences of breaking law, or social reaction.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.