Internet MArketing Conference. - scam ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfire

Oct 27, 2002
Hougang
Visit site
Juz got an invitation for 2 to a 90 mins "Internet Marketing Conference" at some hotel. That comes with free Dinner/Business organizers/online auction courses which worth ($189)...

Problem is the leaflet didnt state what this conference is about except that it teaches the secret to create wealth on the net in just 90 mins... The way they market its reminds me of some "Time-share" gimmick on another thread.. Anybody been to such events b4? Or issit some kind of scam. Wish to find out more first b4 I waste my time taking half day leave to attend the conference.

It asked for 2 to go together, it lasts longer than 1 hour, it comes with some free gift, sounds familiar?

ya sounds eerily similar..
hmm.... seems like this is something new... nobody been thru it b4? :think:

"There is no free lunch in this world."
Just remember that. :)

If you've got spare time and wouldn't mind spending it to learn something new (even if it is to learn that this is a scam), it's worth going; you even get a meal!!!
Just don't sign anything :)
And be skeptical, don't believe everything they say; at least you'll learn something; you'll learn through everything... and food! food is good...

Thats what most ppl think in the beginning. But the organizer will insist u bring alone yr wife, girlfriend, love ones. Then the talk will begin, then they will talk and talk and talk, at some time, you will feel pity to see yr love ones suffering, feeling hungry, tired, guilty, then u may just think: why dont I sign it so we can all go home.....
Greed, Fear or Sympathy.

Astin said:
Thats what most ppl think in the beginning. But the organizer will insist u bring alone yr wife, girlfriend, love ones. Then the talk will begin, then they will talk and talk and talk, at some time, you will feel pity to see yr love ones suffering, feeling hungry, tired, guilty, then u may just think: why dont I sign it so we can all go home.....
Greed, Fear or Sympathy.

ya Astin u got good point though ... wait they use mind play tactics... den that will be bad...

spitfire said:
Juz got an invitation for 2 to a 90 mins "Internet Marketing Conference" at some hotel. That comes with free Dinner/Business organizers/online auction courses which worth ($189)...

Problem is the leaflet didnt state what this conference is about except that it teaches the secret to create wealth on the net in just 90 mins... The way they market its reminds me of some "Time-share" gimmick on another thread.. Anybody been to such events b4? Or issit some kind of scam. Wish to find out more first b4 I waste my time taking half day leave to attend the conference.

i received what i believe to be the same as yours. i threw it away after i opened it.

Maybe you can go there, eat the dinner, then try to sell them some MLM product you borrowed from your friend?? :think: :bsmilie: :blah:

I have an idea. They ask for 2 persons to go together, they may hint that its husband-wife or boyfriend-girlfriend but never state clearly. Why dont 2 of you (2 guys) go together, show yourselves at the reception, and observe how they response/react.
Remember to bring yr camera, and show us photo of their facial expression when they see u!

wahh sounds interesting.. how do I get myself invited?? hehe

I've got lots of time to kill

:cool:

lytefunk said:
wahh sounds interesting.. how do I get myself invited?? hehe

I've got lots of time to kill

:cool:

hehe .. no idea how to get u invited.

only contact on the leaflet is 800 120 4231
or visit www.inetseminars.com

They have both lunch and Dinner.. they will be on 20th Oct Goodwood Park Hotel or 21st Oct Concorde Hotel Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.