Internet hotel reservation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
Guys/gals,

I booked a '4stars' hotel reservation in KL via internet. When I booked, the listed price was inclusive of breakfast. But to my horror, when I went for breakfast. It was no included. Now the webpage has changed. The management said it was never listed there. :faint:

I did checked many times before I booked. It was special deals....I selected it. :dunno:
Is there anyway of retrieving/searching the old webpage?

Really 'suay' :confused:

Guys/gals,

I booked a '4stars' hotel reservation in KL via internet. When I booked, the listed price was inclusive of breakfast. But to my horror, when I went for breakfast. It was no included. Now the webpage has changed. The management said it was never listed there. :faint:

I did checked many times before I booked. It was special deals....I selected it. :dunno:
Is there anyway of retrieving/searching the old webpage?

Really 'suay' :confused:

You should have printed the reservation. I do not think you can search the old web page. Try checking your cache.

U shld have printed the reservation page and double confirmed via email and print it out so they cannot deny everything flatly.

I went to several oversea hotels before and all of them have breakfast inclusive. This is the first time I heard of things like that.. :what:

The breakfast is probably not any good anyway... its either a half decent attempt to recreate an american breakfast or a half decent attempt at a local dish... go out to the streets and sit down for a nice RM1 nasi lemak pack... better than anything you can find in a hotel.

I had an unforgetable encounter regarding this breakfast issue!

Booked 3 nights hotel room under starwood westin rotterdam at promotion rates of 89euro/night, never checked got includes breakfast or not.

When I reached and checked in there, the reception confirmed my booking and gave me the room card and also informed me "Sir, breakfast at 2nd floor and time is from......"
for the following next 2 days me and partner took some light breakfast of milk + cereal and bread before going out to have own own choice of better food. :p

until the 3rd day, I decided to checkout early then proceed for breakfast.
to my :bigeyes:
"sir, total 3 night stay= euro 267
+ breakfast for 2 person/2 day = euro 99" :bigeyes:

$188...for 2 days of milk, bread and cereal......... :cry:

Tried to negotiate..my mistake.
me "didn't you mention breakfast is provided?"
"sir breakfast is avaliable for you but you need to pay" :bheart:

From my knowledge, unless they give u breakfast coupons upon check-in along with ur hotel key, or unless specified on the final confirmation email that breakfast is inclusive, breakfast is usually not included in.

Gentlemen, it's attention to details. Read everything, print them out.

That said, I was at the Hilton in Shanghai. My travel agent got me a good rate, including full breakfast. Got printed confirmation for hotel also. When I checked in, I was told otherwise. Well, long story short, it's all depends on how much fuss you want to make. We got our breakfast comped.

When I got home, I told my agent about the incidents and thought it was over. A couple of months later, while chatting with my agent, I found out that the hotel refused to pay my agent her commission, becasue of the breakfast. Then once again, it's depend on how much fuss you want to make. I was in my typical DP mood. I contacted Hilton Worldwide in Chicago, and a long story short, after politely slamming a VP and a SVP, my agent got her commission, US$90, and I got some complimentary coupons for staying at Hilton.

Too bad, sometimes we really have to stand up and fight for what it is rightfully ours.

Try search using google, google might still have cached it.

Thanks for sharing everyone, I know I should ask about the breakfast coupons upon checkin. However, there are times when there isn't a need for coupons too, just show them the room card/key. Then you are ok to eat.

Honestly, if it wasn't inclusive of breakfast, then it is not worth to book the room at all. As there are some other four star hotels nearby with even betta rate. I specifically asked for breakfast before even booked through the internet.

I viewed the reservation email again. YES, it did not mentioned breakfast at all. But the story is when the choice of rooms with various rates did listed: Hot Deals, including breakfast mah. :bheart: Some more stated for two.

To make matter worst, there were heated exchanges btw me and the staffs as it was seven in the morning. My friend was in a hurry for some food before rushing off to KLIA. The manager and staff were unfriendly.

The funniest thing is I searched and searched through google now, the webpage seemed to have just vanished. BUT, on the pop up windows in the same hotel site. There is this tourist promotion charging the same rate with breakfast for two. :bigeyes:

The hotel now said, u have booked the wronged package :angry:

I know what I saw.....it is just unfortunate I can't prove it any more............. The only thing I learnt from this experience is even reputable hotel chains can also 'BLUFFED' :flush:

there is a term 'invitation to treat' in business terms so as to protect shops which have wrongly labelled their prices. for instance, a careless employee labelled S$5 for a S$5,000.00 cam and customer was delighted. so chances are, we cant do anything about it even if you have the proof.

even the hotel makes mistakes, i also wonder why cant they just give free breakie as a complimentary service. afterall, hotels stressed on services isnt it?

chill out lah, can write reviews on this hotel wat.. yahoo reviews or something ;)

"Penny wise, Pound foolish."

Sometimes things like these can be easily settled, especially in an estab which emphasise on service-service-service (of cos, the onus is also on the guest NOT TO take advantage). Perhaps due to the lack of empowerment, the fear of carrying that responsibility or maybe the typical thought of 'cover my own ass first', people just do the no-brainer way out "Law by Law".

Unfortunate, but don't always blame the workers for that. A control-freak management who fears empowerment of workers would lead to a loss of social standing amongst his co-workers might be to blame also.

How many of ur bosses are like these BTW? ;p

forget it lah..
MALAYSIA leh... hahaha.. jus count urself lucky nvr kena rob! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.