Internet Explorer 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
Has anyone tried installing IE8. I heard there is a lot of issues with it so I'm reluctant to install it.

Using for months now....If there is an issue with particular site, you can click on the compatible icon, and it will run as IE7 :lovegrin:

So far all sites running fine, including those usually headache stocks trading and ebanking site :thumbsup:

Please keep ur IE 7.

Not sure about others but my colleagues were not able to run certain applications after installing IE8.

They all have revert back to 7.

If you are looking at alternative browser other than Firefox, try Opera or Safari.

There was just a massive (security) update to it in the last week.

The trouble with any version of IE is that it's incompatible with standards. Version 8 is better but still lags on bits and pieces that are 5 years old already. It's really only safe to use on Windows Update.

Firefox, Opera, even Safari are better browsers.

While I use Opera > 90% of the time, I don't see any problems with IE8. I've got it installed on almost all the computers I use. Got no compatibility or speed issues. It's definitely more stable than IE7 though.

To me, the only use of IE is to download FireFox. After that never use IE anymore :bsmilie:

only reason i use IE is becos of govt/banking sites... and since i turned on auto-update, had no choice but to install IE8... crap.

if only banks get a move with the times and make their sites safari/firefox/chrome friendly.... :sticktong

I tried IE8 and some of webpages I go to don't work. I can't even log onto one of the sites. Even with the so called compatability.

I tried IE8 and some of webpages I go to don't work. I can't even log onto one of the sites. Even with the so called compatability.

They're probably still coded for IE versions 5.5 and/or 6.0, in which case, they should realise that it's 2009 and fix their sites. I'd better Opera would do better with them.

IE8 woring fine on my XP and vista.

but if u wan fast browse website, use safari or firefox ;)

IE8 works well after my IE7 got problems

I tried using IE8 (cos it's auto-update) and I couldn't log on to govt website properly.
unfortunately, that website does not work with firefox or safari.

in the end, i deleted IE8

I tried using IE8 (cos it's auto-update) and I couldn't log on to govt website properly.
unfortunately, that website does not work with firefox or safari.

in the end, i deleted IE8

Opera often works in those situations, but better to delete the government website first. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.