Internet cafes in London that offer cd-burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurona

Jan 21, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Okay, i will be in London for about 3 weeks. I have a 2 Mpixels digital camera and i only have about 300MB of Smart media storage. Obviously not enough.
What i have in mind is to pop into an internet cafe when the cards are full and burn a cd. I reckon i will need to do this about 2 or 3 times during the stay.
Any of you guys have experience with the internet cafes in London? Are they found in abundunce and is it common for them to offer cd-burning service. What are charges like? I don't mind paying bout 5 pounds for each cd.

Cheers

Dunno about internet cafes but some of the major photo chain stores offer this service. The Jessops advertisement reads 100 pictures for 1.99pds. You will find Jessops stores all over the place.

Brandon said:
Hi there, maybe you could try renting an x-drive from one of the clubsnappers? Might be cheaper :)
somebody was putting up a thread about a week or so ago :)

i have one myself, but already rented it out.

here's the thread:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=64812&highlight=x-drive+rent

hope that helps :thumbsup:

Thats not an option for me cos i'm already not in Singapore. Thanks.

justarius said:
Dunno about internet cafes but some of the major photo chain stores offer this service. The Jessops advertisement reads 100 pictures for 1.99pds. You will find Jessops stores all over the place.

hmm..how does that work? Shouldn't it be price per cd/card or something?
Thanks.

yurona said:
hmm..how does that work? Shouldn't it be price per cd/card or something?
Thanks.

Not too sure how they really charge as I've never used it myself, but just be rest assured that you can find such services here. :D

yurona said:
Thats not an option for me cos i'm already not in Singapore. Thanks.
If you can wait till next Monday (I'm currently in Houston until this weekend), I can meet up with you somewhere in central London and "T-loan" you my X-Drive during your trip. I don't use as much unless on long trips out so there's not much difference for me whether its being use by you or sitting in the drawer at home. When you finish and return it back to me, we can create the CD on the spot. Cost to you will be the cost of the CD for the shops and a cup of kopi at what-ever cafe we meet up at eventually! Interested? ;)

i think any gd lab that do digital printing should be able to help u, seen grace digital doing it so i guess many others can do it too.

another option, ask ur hotel to see if u can rent laptops with cd writer.

~MooEy~

SzennyBoy said:
If you can wait till next Monday (I'm currently in Houston until this weekend), I can meet up with you somewhere in central London and "T-loan" you my X-Drive during your trip. I don't use as much unless on long trips out so there's not much difference for me whether its being use by you or sitting in the drawer at home. When you finish and return it back to me, we can create the CD on the spot. Cost to you will be the cost of the CD for the shops and a cup of kopi at what-ever cafe we meet up at eventually! Interested? ;)

Thats really nice of you, offering to lend to a stranger. Really appreciate it but i think i will just look around for shops that allow cd-burning, since apparently they are quite common. I would be spending 3 lazy weeks wandering around London anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.