International Mountain Bike Race ‘03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
received this in a email and thought this would be of interest to those looking to shoot sporting events or practise panning techniques...

MotoImage is the title sponsor for the Subaru International Mountain Bike Race 2003, and below are the details of the event:

The Subaru International Mountain Bike Race ‘03/
Subaru Inaugural Schools 2003 Mountainbike Championship

Venue: Sentosa – Singapore
Date: Friday 27th – Sunday 29th June

Come on down and join in the Subaru biking fun from 27th – 29th June at Palawan Beach, Sentosa. For more details, please visit www.cycling.org.sg or email: mtb@cycling.org.sg.

i will be there, anyone else? :D

whoever's interested to attend this event to shoot, you might want to give me your contact numbers so that i can help to liaise between CS and the race organizing committee from SACA. it's voluntary if you want to donate shots to the organizers... ;)

due to some ungrammatical errors, there may be misunderstandings here - shooting is voluntary - and it would be good to give the organizers our shots.

i'm not liaising with SACA for this matter directly, since there is another person in charge now. :)

The sentosa international MTb race is a great event to photograph because you have so many opportunities to shoot great action pictures within 50 m of palawan beach area. There is more here than at Bukit Timah.
From the start you have gut wrenching hill climbs, downhill over steps and really steep hills ( it's even better if it rains as the falls come thick and fast) fast action is always on offer.
check the SACA website for timings, and for those who can't make it on Sunday there is the secondary schools and slower classes races on satuday, go early for all the action
http://forums.clubsnap.org/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=36443#:bwhat: :cool: ::)

Should be there on at least one of the days. Cannot confirm three day attendance (I do have a life outside of photography and bikes!).

By registering here, do we get a special clearance to parts of the track closed off to spectators and other photographers, or what?

Apparently my previous pictures were not good enough for SACA, they didn't ask me for it. :(

In any case, let's try again......

r32, no one is affliated to saca here. we're basically volunteers. you might want to mail any of the saca officials the url of your photos, but since you're hosting them up at HM's site, you may want to relocate the pictures first. :)

I don't see any problem with hosting my pictures off eaglet.org; do you?

Sounds interesting, i am onz , you guys going???
can i tag along.
never do this kinda shot b4, wat films you guys using??
would fuji extra 800 be approiate??

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.