Internal multi-card readers ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi again ... as you may have noticed I've been asking a lot of PC hardware questions of late ... :bsmilie:

I'm wondering if any of you are using/have tried those internal multi-card readers, i.e. those which you mount in the 5.25" bay ... as compared to those external USB 2.0 card readers, how do you find the performance?

Any good internal mutli-card readersto recommend? How much do they cost and where can I get them?

TIA! ;)

There are lotsa them in the market. Juz walk around SLS. I dun think they'll cost u more den $30 to $40 max.

I dun think there will be a huge diff in performance.

I've only seen USB 1.0 internal readers - if you happen to find a USB2.0 one please let me know as I am also looking for it.

I once bought from a shop which says its USB2 but when I went back and tried, its only USB1 :p Promptly got a refund from them.

Adam Goi said:
Hi again ... as you may have noticed I've been asking a lot of PC hardware questions of late ... :bsmilie:

I'm wondering if any of you are using/have tried those internal multi-card readers, i.e. those which you mount in the 5.25" bay ... as compared to those external USB 2.0 card readers, how do you find the performance?

Any good internal mutli-card readersto recommend? How much do they cost and where can I get them?

TIA! ;)

hahah my turn to suan CS IDOL!! do a search!! someone did a review on it before liao!! right here in CS!!

it is found here

and it is USB2.0
heheh... dun :kok: me ok

Just make sure that the card reader is USB2.0, not only the extra ports - some card readers say USB2, but its only the ports which are USB 2, the card reader chugs slowly at USB1

yanyewkay said:
hahah my turn to suan CS IDOL!! do a search!! someone did a review on it before liao!! right here in CS!!

it is found here

and it is USB2.0
heheh... dun :kok: me ok

I read the review for this item in HWZ forum by HWZers, quite some time back.
Not very stable. Many ppl complain abt the QC. A lot of bad copies.
Link

My advice; get a well-know brand. I'm using a Silverstone internal reader(abt $49). 3-1/2" slot. The card-reader can be taken out from the bay with a push of the bottom.

Is the silverstone reader USB2? Which shop sells it?

evq said:
I read the review for this item in HWZ forum by HWZers, quite some time back.
Not very stable. Many ppl complain abt the QC. A lot of bad copies.
Link

My advice; get a well-know brand. I'm using a Silverstone internal reader(abt $49). 3-1/2" slot. The card-reader can be taken out from the bay with a push of the bottom.

vince123123 said:
Is the silverstone reader USB2? Which shop sells it?

yup, its USB 2.0

can get from Fuwell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.