Internal multi-card readers ...


Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
#1
Hi again ... as you may have noticed I've been asking a lot of PC hardware questions of late ... :bsmilie:

I'm wondering if any of you are using/have tried those internal multi-card readers, i.e. those which you mount in the 5.25" bay ... as compared to those external USB 2.0 card readers, how do you find the performance?

Any good internal mutli-card readersto recommend? How much do they cost and where can I get them?

TIA! ;)
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#2
There are lotsa them in the market. Juz walk around SLS. I dun think they'll cost u more den $30 to $40 max.

I dun think there will be a huge diff in performance.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#3
I've only seen USB 1.0 internal readers - if you happen to find a USB2.0 one please let me know as I am also looking for it.

I once bought from a shop which says its USB2 but when I went back and tried, its only USB1 :p Promptly got a refund from them.

Adam Goi said:
Hi again ... as you may have noticed I've been asking a lot of PC hardware questions of late ... :bsmilie:

I'm wondering if any of you are using/have tried those internal multi-card readers, i.e. those which you mount in the 5.25" bay ... as compared to those external USB 2.0 card readers, how do you find the performance?

Any good internal mutli-card readersto recommend? How much do they cost and where can I get them?

TIA! ;)
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#4
hahah my turn to suan CS IDOL!! do a search!! someone did a review on it before liao!! right here in CS!!

it is found here

and it is USB2.0
heheh... dun :kok: me ok
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#6
Just make sure that the card reader is USB2.0, not only the extra ports - some card readers say USB2, but its only the ports which are USB 2, the card reader chugs slowly at USB1
 

evq

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
546
0
0
44
The 13th floor
#8
yanyewkay said:
hahah my turn to suan CS IDOL!! do a search!! someone did a review on it before liao!! right here in CS!!

it is found here

and it is USB2.0
heheh... dun :kok: me ok
I read the review for this item in HWZ forum by HWZers, quite some time back.
Not very stable. Many ppl complain abt the QC. A lot of bad copies.
Link

My advice; get a well-know brand. I'm using a Silverstone internal reader(abt $49). 3-1/2" slot. The card-reader can be taken out from the bay with a push of the bottom.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#9
Is the silverstone reader USB2? Which shop sells it?

evq said:
I read the review for this item in HWZ forum by HWZers, quite some time back.
Not very stable. Many ppl complain abt the QC. A lot of bad copies.
Link

My advice; get a well-know brand. I'm using a Silverstone internal reader(abt $49). 3-1/2" slot. The card-reader can be taken out from the bay with a push of the bottom.
 

henavs

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2002
1,635
1
38
40
#10
vince123123 said:
Is the silverstone reader USB2? Which shop sells it?
yup, its USB 2.0

can get from Fuwell :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom