Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom81

Nov 16, 2004
This is not a gimmick.
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/story/0,4136,81051,00.html

FAN POLL
Where are you MU fans?
COME on, Man U fans. What's with you? Are you guys suckers for punishment?

I mean, on Saturday night you winched and watched as some 'amateurs' from some kampung called Exeter kicked your butts.

Now, the word is out. Liverpool are climbing all over you in that race to establish who rules in Singapore where fan numbers are concerned.

Yes, we're serious.

At last count - make that 8am this morning - Liverpool were off and running and unless you get into stride, they might soon be running all over you.

Hey guys, numbers don't lie and the figures we have in front of us don't reflect too well on United.

Here are the numbers - and if you are a 4-D fan, you might also want to take note.

As of this morning, Liverpool supporters have cast a solid 1,994 votes for their team, while Manchester United fans have managed just 1,299.

That's a 695 vote deficit - huge, when you consider United have always maintained that they rule in Singapore as far as the fan base of the two rivals are concerned.

Well, as of now, the numbers prove otherwise.

So, what's with you Devils? Are you going to sit around and allow Liverpool to condemn you to the darkest recesses of hell?

Or, do you need Sir Alex Ferguson to give you the 'hair-dryer' before you vote?

We say, it is not over. There is still time to reel Liverpool in. All you have to do is get out there, pick up the phone and vote for your team.

Come on, guys. Put your heart on the line because you can be sure that's what Liverpool fans are doing right now.

You can make a difference. Hesitate and you risk being drowned by a Red surge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO VOTE

SMS your support to 9-367-8728
MANUNAME
LPOOLNAME
No extra charges but normal SMS rates apply.

All SMSes must be in by Thursday (Jan 13).

Each handphone number is entitled to one vote only.

Since it's a poll for Liverpool vs Manu...and im an Arsenal fan....i would definitely vote for Liverpool...got a softspot for them...lol....i hate manu!! (except cantona...of coz.) Hahahahhaha

I'm an Arsenal fan but was born in the kampung known as Exeter (how insulting - it's one of England's cathedral cities!) and have always been a fan.
Never been as happy as on Saturday night when our 'amateurs' (I'll write my complaint to the New Paper after this!) drew with the mighty Moanchester United.

I really hope the replay is going to be shown on ESPN/Star - I know it is being shown live on BBC in UK. Ok, Exeter are going to lose but just seeing Looney Rooney and co battling it out on our home turf is going to be worth it. Even better if it rains - the away supporters will be standing in uncovered terraces!! Ha! Serves them right for not respecting Exeter at Old Trafford.

I don't really trust the statistics , you know why? When blackburn won the EPL years ago, how many blackburn fans were there ? Notice the number of Arsenal and Man utd fans increase tremendously these past few years? I bet 1/4 or half of them used to support Blackburn or other clubs that 'disappoint' them. 2 words to describe this kind of fans, ' Glory Hunter '.

AirbusnBoeing said:
I don't really trust the statistics , you know why? When blackburn won the EPL years ago, how many blackburn fans were there ? Notice the number of Arsenal and Man utd fans increase tremendously these past few years? I bet 1/4 or half of them used to support Blackburn or other clubs that 'disappoint' them. 2 words to describe this kind of fans, ' Glory Hunter '.

i agree...most juz jump on the bandwagon. :p :nono:
some friends i know of...also bandwagon jumpers...sigh. very bad. no club loyalty. lol

AirbusnBoeing said:

Hehe... how do you explain for so many Liverpool fans then since we have not won anything for years (not counting the 5 cups-in a season miracle)... So it kinda confirm what you believe in... Liverpool fans are no glory-hunter or chaser to be more exact.

nemesis32 said:
Hehe... how do you explain for so many Liverpool fans then since we have not won anything for years (not counting the 5 cups-in a season miracle)... So it kinda confirm what you believe in... Liverpool fans are no glory-hunter or chaser to be more exact.

this i agree...more singaporeans are liverpool fans especially those in their 40s-70s. And their sons, grandsons all became liverpool fans. hehe
:D

Think my father also liverpool fan but he never mention bout them. That explains my softspot for pool, but my love is ARSENAL!!! lol. :blah:

i think there are more bandwagon jumpers for man u...go ask any young kid under 10..most of them will probably say they support man u. :dunno:

anyway...been an arsenal fan for years now :) oh well since the poll only liverpool and man u i take liverpool - my 2nd team :D

its always easier for a neutral to support liverpool comapred to manutd.. wonder why... :think:

laugh said:
its always easier for a neutral to support liverpool comapred to manutd.. wonder why... :think:

all manu haters will know the reason...lol

Common cause! :blah:

Venom81 said:
As of this morning, Liverpool supporters have cast a solid 1,994 votes for their team, while Manchester United fans have managed just 1,299.
:bsmilie: I'm wondering if the 1,994 votes actually comes from all others who are non-ManU fans. It's not juz Liverpool fans alone.
You'll Never Walk Alone :lovegrin:

Actually basically it's about the fans in Singapore, yeah when Liverpool won the treble, I had a couple of friends who became liverpool fans and jumped ship when Liverpool went down the hill before Benitez rescued liverpool.

AirbusnBoeing said:

There used to be Blackburn and Newcastle fans. But now, they probably jump ship. I can see that more and more Chelsea fans on the rise. :bsmilie:

some of them are actually just Beckam fans

an englishman once told me that in england..there are only manure fans and antimanure fans. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.