Jan 30, 2002
Anywhere
Visit site
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=9780141

32192049.jpg

32192146.jpg

32198379.jpg

this guy also says it ard 22mp. :think:

Probably another hoax or perhaps a good trick to draw people to view his pbase site.

Based on the handgrip and the overall profile, the 3rd picture shows an F5 (or perhaps a D1/D1h/D1x) body schematic and the word D2x is likely added later - the design of the D2x (if there is such a beast) would likely follow the D2h and D70.

Don't read too much into this - Nikon likely has a D2x in the works, but they surely are not going to divulge any information before they are ready. If anyone remembers, they kept the info on the D2h pretty much secret right until the announcement date.

Seems to be a cute joke. The 3rd pic seems to be that of a F5 Anniversary Edition with the crucial parts obscured.

Well, at least he got the colour scheme right....the D2x should be following the grey livery of the D1x.

Well another reliable 'rumour mill' says its 5fps 12.5mp. Nikon reveal your weapon quick! many are waiting to buy it.

Actually, I'm not surprised if it is 22 MP interpolated. Fact: D1x can produce a TIFF file of about 11MP interpolated from Nikon Capture. Although I don't own a D1x, this was confirmed on various forums.

If the D2x has similar function, then it should be a 11-12MP, 5fps that can be interpolated from the RAW to produce a 22-24MP TIFF file. The quality from this interpolation is of course better than the standard Image resizing, even with the step-wise resizing technique.

I really hope and trust that the D2X has the same interpolation logic as the D1X, because if that's what the D2X can produce at '22' mp, wooooooo. I'm sucked.

*espn saves another 10c for his DSLR fund now standing at $10.25

I was talking to Nikon rep the other day, and when asked about new DSLR, he was only giggling and do not say a word. He claimed he does not know, but I am pretty sure something is happening behind the scene. I do not think Nikon will stay still without introducing another Top of the Line DSLR to match Canon.

In some Japanese magazines, there were also speculation about a new film camera F6.

erm... i think the trend will be the same la... lets see

the D1h was 2.4Mp rite ? with 1/1600 for shutter
and D1x was develop at 5.1Mp with 1/8000 of shutter ?

so basically the X series is usually 2times the Mp and a reduced Shutter ?

so the D2h is a 4Mp DSLR with a 1/8000 for shutter....

so the D2x will be a 8Mp DSLR with either a 1/8000 or 1/16000 shutter rite ?

and with a improved and a more advanced JFET Lbcast ?? :think:

i cant seem to view dpreview's site all the time...no matter when i go, i cant view it

glennyong said:
erm... i think the trend will be the same la... lets see

the D1h was 2.4Mp rite ? with 1/1600 for shutter
and D1x was develop at 5.1Mp with 1/8000 of shutter ?

Just an honest question, but how do you determine a trend when there's only been one precedent?

Incidentally, if it makes a difference, the D1h was 2.7 and the D1x was 5.4.

erm.. yar hor... but thats my personal predictions... :embrass:

thats wad i think la.... hheee..

erm.... :embrass: :D

quite true too...

erm my mistakes for the D1h and D1x Mp thingy.... my fault and error paiseh..

SORRY SIR !! PerMissIoN 2 cArRy On !! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.