Interesting book

photoart

Feb 21, 2009
Singapore
www.facebook.com
Reading a book at the moment. Only 3 chapters into the book but already found some interesting points by author.

1: if you got to think twice about buying something, then you can't afford it.

You don't think twice about buying a tube of candy or a can of drinks coz buying them will not affect your financial status or plans. But if you got to consider alot of financial factors before making the purchase, that's a sign that you can't "afford". If that money isn't easy to come by, or if that money could be used to pay for something in future( eg house loan), then u can't afford it.Being able to afford something mean u can just buy it without worries.

2: money cannot buy you happiness, but neither can proverty..

people Who say "money cannot buy happiness" are just making excuses for not wotking hard. Ask the poor construction worker from blangadash if money can buy him happiness and I am sure he'll say yes. Money is often the root of all evil that leads to fights and unhappiness in a family. money sure can solve proverty, and problems that arises from proverty

Last edited:
photoart said:
Reading a book at the moment. Only 3 chapters into the book but already found some interesting points by author.

1: if you got to think twice about buying something, than you can't afford it.

You don't think twice about buying a tube of candy or a can of drinks coz buying them will not affect your financial status or plans. But if you got to consider alot of financial factors before making the purchase, that's a sign that you can't "afford". If that money isn't easy to come by, or if that money could be used to pay for something in future( eg house loan), then u can't afford it.Being able to afford something mean u can just buy it without worries.

2: money cannot buy you happiness, but neither can proverty..

people Who say "money cannot buy happiness" are just making excuses for not wotking hard. Ask the poor construction worker from blangadash if money can buy him happiness and I am sure he'll say yes. Money is often the root of all evil that leads to fights and unhappiness in a family. money sure can solve proverty, and problems that arises from proverty

I think what matters is to live within your means, and access your purchase decisions based on needs and not wants

interesting. I was about to go "shopping" until i read this. Let me think twice...