Interesting Articles

lanxx

Feb 4, 2003
www.fotki.com
Please post only interesting articles here. No talking allowed (as to shorten the thread)

Strobe comparsion review

For those who do not know which digital strobe to buy.
Also, it talks about the upcoming kid on the block, INON!! :thumbsup: :heart:

Hi there all,

Since chairman lanxx said there are no Photshop articles, i decided to post one.
(have a lot of links at home will update once i get home)

Digital Darkroom-Photoshop techniques differences between manual and automatic levels adjustments

Just remember to acknowledge what you have tweaked... ;)

Happy Photoshoping.....

(oh yeah me and KNG went for a Photoshop lesson organized by a fellow clubsnapper. learnt hell of alot.)

p/s i am a colour/software system analyst for commercial colour printing. Feel free to PM me if you guys want to know more about colour management systems and colour related stuff or digital laser printing.

Links to share

Digital Photography - The Free Online Course
"Welcome to PhotoCourse.com and a new approach to teaching and learning digital photography on the Internet. Although photography technology is changing at a rapid pace, photographic traditions remain unchanged. This site teaches digital photography, while paying homage to the masters who have used different technologies over the past 150 years. As you can tell, this site is under development. It's a community project with contributions from leaders in the field of digital imaging."

Underwater Photography
"I discovered one day that with a little effort and some luck, I could take decent photos underwater. I also discovered that when I did come back with a decent photo, I was ecstatic. Like most, I was challenged by the basic technicalities inherent in underwater photography but I'm beginning to put those problems behind me. Now I'm limited by my more-or-less primitive artistic abilities and the fact that I live waaay too far from nice diving. Maybe that's what keeps me interested."

A Web Magazine, Underwater Photography
Download your free UWP magazine in PDF format.
"Each Underwater Photography Magazine Contains:
· Underwater Photo Product Announcements
· Marine Life Photography Tips
· Underwater Camera Reviews & Accessory Reviews
· Underwater Digital Camera Reviews
· Underwater Photography Tips and Techniques
· MANY Amazing Underwater Pictures "

For new postings, could the person do a short writeup (one sentence or two) on what the link is about, instead of giving generic titles like "interesting Trivia", "Good for Newbies", etc? Indicate it in the title too, so that we know what info lies ahead...

Waisj, for the photoshop postings, do indicate what technique as well in the link, eg "sharpening", "exposure compensation", etc.

just a suggestion fro me

How to correct too much depth of field

Since most of us are using digital cams, the control of depth of field will not be as "potent" or easy as SLR's and Dslr's

you might find the above link useful if you have the one in a million shot which you might want to save.

Happy photoshopping ;)

I will have a report on it soon. Till then, watch this space.