interesting article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that already happens when you're in the 20th:dunno: 21st century dude.;p

furrypaws said:

I have always noticed such stuff and I have told a few of them ( friends mainly) just this...will pressing the button a zillion time bring the lift down faster or get you up to your floor faster. There is one particular irritating woman at my office building that is typical of this. I call her the fat balding eagle ( for apparent reason...sorry she sickens me ) Not only does she press the button at least 5-10 times, no matter if there are 1 to 10 people waiting before her queing for the lift, when she gets to the lift area..she push through to press the button. And if it was not there yet in the next few seconds..she would push through the bunch of people again to push the lift button and press numerous times again. Like if not for her, no one remember to press the button. Like really urgent to get to her office right? Guess what? She works on the 2nd floor. The short stair case is just next to the lift. If that urgent, get her butt up that stair. heheheheheh. Oh and when she does get into the lift, she already position herself right at the door to be the first to get in. Irregardless of whether people are coming out first and she will immediately stand at the doorway just inside the lift while everyone has to get around her overweight posture to get into the lift. Hard not to notice don;'t you think? This is on going for more then a year since she got employed in one of the office there. heheheh

Thanks for the read. I am thinking of copying the article and pasting it at the lift area hope she sees it. :)

some of them are depressed, angry, impatient people who thinks(wrongly) that mutiple pressings will make it quicker. is this a predominantly female problem? i have asked a 20+ women who did the multiple pressings at a pedestrian crossing whether it would bring the 'green man' come earlier. she said 'dunno'. not surprised at all. she turned out to be my neighbour, luckily not on the same floor.

reachme2003 said:
...is this a predominantly female problem? i have asked a 20+ women who did the multiple pressings at a pedestrian crossing whether it would bring the 'green man' come earlier.

cuz it's a green MAN:p j/k

anyway, i've seen ppl doing tht, but lesser these days compared to many years ago. recently, i found out something, by pressing the same button twice on the lift actually deactivates it. meaning tht if u accidentally pressed the 3rd floor, u can actually deactivate it by pressing it another time. sorry if i sound suaku... but i find this "feature" useful:)

Yep. At my place, you gotta press like 4-5 buttons at the same time to de-activate them. There used to be itchy buggers who press the button for around 10 different floors, so by the time you enter the lift you see so many buttons lit up.

LordAeRo said:
Yep. At my place, you gotta press like 4-5 buttons at the same time to de-activate them. There used to be itchy buggers who press the button for around 10 different floors, so by the time you enter the lift you see so many buttons lit up.

should have come up with a reset button, instead pressing 4-5 buttons at the same time

Hitting the Walk button at 60 times a second is a great way to destress. Remenber playing Space Invaders in the arcade when you were young ? So the faster you kill the aliens the faster the Green man appear.:bsmilie:

Myfz1 said:
Hitting the Walk button at 60 times a second is a great way to destress. Remenber playing Space Invaders in the arcade when you were young ? So the faster you kill the aliens the faster the Green man appear.:bsmilie:

space invader can only fire one shot at a time leh... (wait for the shot to hit or travel all the way up...) compare to now one long stream of laser in some shooting arcade games.

BTW, I know the lift at "the concourse" at beach road don't have a close button. Any other building with similar features?

LordAeRo said:

Where is there such a feature like that? I have a friend who worked for Otis and he has no idea what I was talking about when I read your message to him heheh... You suaku too har? heheheheheheh

sammy888 said:
Where is there such a feature like that? I have a friend who worked for Otis and he has no idea what I was talking about when I read your message to him heheh... You suaku too har? heheheheheheh

i think u can try them at those new lifts. eg. if u press 4th floor, pressing it again will deactivate it. have tried them on some lifts, it works:) mebbe it's some undocumented feature...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.