interesting article in New Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

An article from TNP which I found interesting
The New Paper said:
I have a blog. Doesn't everyone? You mean you don't? How uncool are you?
According to Merriam-Webster, 'blog' was the word of the year last year. Not having your own blog is like not having your own Gmail account.

What? You don't have Gmail either? My God, what are you? A caveman!

No problem. I'll send you an invite. You do have an Internet account, right? That's a relief. What's your broadband speed? 1.5 meg? Cable? Huh? You're using dial-up? You mean, you still have a land line? How retro.

Wait. You're still using wires? The horror. But you have a handphone, right? Good, take my picture.

Huh? You can't take pictures with your phone. Then what's the point of having a phone?

You mean you actually use a camera to take pictures? What a concept.

Cheeeeeese! Snap! Let me see the picture. Where's the little LCD screen on the camera? What do you mean I have to wait for the photos to be developed? Film? Your camera uses film? I weep for you.

Next thing you'll be telling me is you listen to CDs, ha ha ha... oh. I see. You mean you actually buy whole albums? I have two words for you: iPod and download. No filler, all killer.

What's this? A video cassette recorder? You should donate it to a museum, Grandpa, along with your eight-track cartridges and vinyl records. Tape is so last millennium.

Is that a DVD recorder? Oh, it's just a player. What movies do you have? Please, no LDs or - heaven forbid - VCDs. You got The Lord of the Rings DVD? Cool.

Wait. This is the theatrical cut! You didn't get the special extended edition? What the hell is wrong with you? Never mind. At least you have the wide-screen version. So you're not a complete loser. Where's the surround sound? Oh, I see.

Your 'entertainment centre' has only two speakers. It's okay, I'm just grateful that it's not mono.

Hmmm, there's something not right about your TV, apart from the microscopic 36-inch curved screen. I think it's the cathode-ray tube. No, the cathode ray tube is working fine.

The problem is your TV actually has a cathode ray tube. I have one word and three letters for you: Plasma and LCD. And if you say 'projection TV', I'll beat you to death with my Nintendo DS.

Speaking of trilogies, did you see the trailer for Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith? No, not in the cinema. On the web. I'll show you. Where's your computer? Ah, that pesky cathode ray tube again. Three words: Flat panel monitor. Ah, your mouse and keyboard - more wires. Wireless doesn't just refer to radio any more, you know. Get into the 21st century, man.

My ears! My ears! What's that awful screeching noise? The modem? Oh, yeah, I forgot. you're using dial-up.

How do you live like this? Like an animal?

Okay, I found the site. I'm downloading the Star Wars trailer for you now. Judging by the bit rate, I'd say this will take roughly 4,000 years.

Forget it, I'll Gmail you the file. By the way, did I mention I have a blog?

Har har! Didn't realise I'd be a dinosaur before the age of 40 ;) .....

:bsmilie: LOL...falling off chair!
BLOG... :think: can eat or not .... or issit a type of pet? :bsmilie:

Oh my, wht's a blog??? ermm... gmail? i dun have one.
That makes me a caveman already :sweat:

darn, i hate it when pple buy phone for the camera functionality :nono:
Phone is for making phone calls, and who in ClubSnap doesnt use camera to take pics :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

cool...sometimes just cannot keep up...haha.

I might nod my head on everything but the part on film.

If u hear anyone say that their digital-to-hardcopy printouts wins film printouts, u've got a techno-wannabe there. ;)

brilliant.... :thumbsup:

It is a good technological update, reflecting how far our society has advanced. Another 5 years or so, technology gadgets are going to be different again.

that's plain technology chasing without much processing in the brain. technology ain't everything.

Having a blog doesn't make you "cool" or "techie".

Time is so precious. Don't even have enough time or light to shoot what I want. Where got time to read other peoples' ramblings?

:bsmilie: Good one dude... tat's so farnny... :bsmilie:

Should add:
"Wait, what are you doing? taking picture with a camera phone? C'mon man, you are so un-photographer, get a DSLR"

:think: least I have a blog

waileong said:
Having a blog doesn't make you "cool" or "techie".

Time is so precious. Don't even have enough time or light to shoot what I want. Where got time to read other peoples' ramblings?
No don't think tat makes u cool or techie... but instead of telling 10 ppl the same thing, just say: "Go read my blog..." :bsmilie:

ok. i juz found out wht a "blog" is. :embrass:

mmhhh... why do we need that in the first place? :think:

I don't have a blog
I don't have a gmail account
I don't have or use wireless at home or office
I don't have a phone which takes pics (but my Sony Clie TH55 does take pics)
I don't have a DVD player or recorder (my computer does have a dvd drive though)
I don't have a flat screen TV but an old CRT TV (bought before 1990?)
I don't have any other speakers for my TV but the built-in speak (dun its mono or not)
I still have a portable tape cassette player which can do recording too
I still use dial-up (44kbps mostly) at home, broadband is too much for my thin wallet

The list goes on and on, I'm so 20 Century :cry:

wats a gmail? :dunno:

blog stands for? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.