Interested to join for StarTrails ?

StarCaptain

Sep 8, 2011
What is star Trails ?
shooting at sky in manual mode & capturing stars using 30sec exposure with multiple shots and stack them with photoshop.
For more info check this post

As we need to take long exposures and multiple shots, good to be in the group.

When: May be next weekend, after sunset hrs

Location: Preferred Pulau Ubin or is there any area here in singapore where there is less light pollution.

Where:
Far from light pollution, may be Pulau Ubin or some other island. i have chosen Pulau Ubin coz it is also densely populated with humans.

After googling i found this star-trails-in-singapore. And these days sunset is going around 7.30pm.

Also if you are aware please suggest good place.

Outing Members are not restricted, beside we need split into groups for better communication.

if you have done this before, Please suggest a place.

Last edited:
Interesting, I will be interested.

i am interested

In case you have some Malaysian friends, the kampongs in Johor are very dark (no street lamps and pot holes).
Of course, security and navigation will be major issue, next you worry about mosquito :)

Thank u for every one

Which malayasian town u are talking about? Can u please name it?

There's quite a number of places to name 'em actually. One of those is pasir gudang.

I'm interested too!

For good star trail shoots I think only can aim for south side islands, Ubin would be too close to Singapore and Johor as well as the airport also.

i went to a bar at sembawang.IIRC the name is handlebar and its stituated in quite a ulu part of singapore
its a open air concept bar and i managed to see stars quite clearly from there
not sure if its a norm there or if i was lucky

Interested, read before that mersing on the east coast johor is very popular with star gazers

Great to hear from u guys, let's choose nearest first coz we need to stay back bit late in the evening and need to manage transportation too.

I'm interested.....

David

u can also try Bintan.

Here's what I done last year.

5746864822_078b1319ef.jpg

Cool. im interested, pls pm me if you guys confirming this trip yoo..
Thanks.

i went to a bar at sembawang.IIRC the name is handlebar and its stituated in quite a ulu part of singapore
its a open air concept bar and i managed to see stars quite clearly from there
not sure if its a norm there or if i was lucky

But we need to be far away from such city lights

u can also try Bintan.

Here's what I done last year.

5746864822_078b1319ef.jpg

That's good idea though, i already thought of doing that but we it has to be one night stay trip coz the last Ferry from Bintan is around 08.15pm. Which we may not make it.

what if we try from South side of Singapore ? – Kusu Island, St John's Island, Sisters' Islands and Pulau Hantu. But we need to hire a private boat + have to take permission

But last ferry from these places are around 4.30pm, which may not work us. Keeping these things into consideration why not we stick to such place where is bit dark with in the Singapore. Cant we we find such place ?

So far Interested parties are listed down

1 StarCaptain
2 slmka
3 Wasak2000
4 KishLeo
5 PengLee
6 diver_hloc
7 naomi7115
8 Fireemblem
9 Soulz86
10 davidtsc27
11 colden1032