Interested to join for StarTrails ?

That's good idea though, i already thought of doing that but we it has to be one night stay trip coz the last Ferry from Bintan is around 08.15pm. Which we may not make it.

what if we try from South side of Singapore ? – Kusu Island, St John's Island, Sisters' Islands and Pulau Hantu. But we need to hire a private boat + have to take permission

But last ferry from these places are around 4.30pm, which may not work us. Keeping these things into consideration why not we stick to such place where is bit dark with in the Singapore. Cant we we find such place ?

So far Interested parties are listed down

1 StarCaptain
2 slmka
3 Wasak2000
4 KishLeo
5 PengLee
6 diver_hloc
7 naomi7115
8 Fireemblem
9 Soulz86
10 davidtsc27
11 colden1032
12 alitansen

That photo I taken was around midnight. So yeah, you probably had to stay one night in Bintan.

I will think that a possible location is the beach area near the Cadet School on Pulau Ubin. That beach is facing malaysia, but I am not sure whether there will be any lights on on this beach in the evening.

The southern islands I am not sure... cos haven got a chance to go there.

besides light pollution, you must also see if there is going to be a full moon or cloudy skies which will prevent you from taking star trails.

hey guys! Bintan would be an great place to try this.. the down side is the cost of ferry... S$60 both ways.. bintan lodge $90/night could probably take 6 pax a unit.
i have Lobang for vehicle on the island... so no worries.

shelomoh said:
I am interested too! Would want to create time lapse like this Landscapes: Volume Two on Vimeo

That's great video, but u need to have lots of stuff to make such videos. Not sure of u aware of those things

They will mount camera on a Dolly which will be move based on the time frame set on it. That's where you can see scene movement.

Hi TS please count me in.. Pls give me the details - quantumpix

im interested in this as well, will probably join if schedule permits. Hopefully we shall have someone to tag along who knows which way to point our cameras at :D

Yo Yo...!! I am interested too.... Will join too if schedule permit...

I am keen too if my schedule fits in. Thank you.

I definitely want to join !

interesting! :thumbsup:

im interested in this as well, will probably join if schedule permits. Hopefully we shall have someone to tag along who knows which way to point our cameras at :D

it's pretty simple. manual focus to infinity using your lens to the brightest star. but if u want nicer trails, do find out the exact star spots (as in directions).

my settings is f4 / 30 secs exposure / ISO 1600 (stacked with at least 25 photos with 1 black frame)

tip: if you guys are shooting near beach area... make sure u have those heat pads or warm towel to prevent your lens from fogging up.

Last edited:
Bintan seems good idea, we can organize earlier with a nice dinner before we start shooting ^_^ With a crowd of people it is safer also

Singapore offshore island is cheaper, but will take in a bit effort on food / shelter / transport

oh yes, I am interested too!

i also interested too..

I am interested to join if time permits, If I am not mistaken I have seen somewhere people post Seletar area have some nice place.