Interest check: Lumix Case for LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapp!

Jan 17, 2002
zapp.clubsnap.org
Hi thinking of whacking from amazon jp the lx3 case. its 8505 yen approx 120 SGD (exclude vpost charge). I think i can bring in 3 pieces max to avoid GST thru VPOST JAPAN. Rough calculation that with vpost charges each case might cost roughly 140-150SGD?

Update: Shipping date from Amazon advises delivery to VPOST office around 22-30 Sep. I think case will reach our shores only early or mid Oct.

Anyone want to piggyback? PM me with your contact info. I would require deposit of 50SGD.

1. zapp

Last edited:
hmm, y not get direct from amazon japan? btw they do international delivery right?

or get from yodobashi or something.

not for such items. usually only CDs, books etc. they will do intl shipping :p

Yodobashi same, bic camera same :p

I got mine from ebay for SGD157. Exact price depends on your credit card bank exchange rate as well. Took about 5 working days to deliver.

I am interested.

May be we can approach MS color for a group buy ...? :wink:

I am guessing that the price should be at around S$120 that range if we have a good size.
May have to wait until Mid Oct 08....but I don't mind waiting.

What say all ...?

Cheers ~

same here:) would be interested:)

err i think 100 or below can consider, but at $150 is abt 25% of the camera price, may not be worth it, should wait for it to hit local stores to see the price....

Wish it could be less than S$100 too. :complain:

But at the rate it is being sold in Japan, US etc.....
I think, low chance that it will be less than S$100 from local stores. :cry:

Yes, this cam case IS expensive.... but without it, I somehow feel that something is missing .......
Last night, I took a picture of the full moon using the LX3, without tripod, one word ---- WOW.

So I think .... this baby deserves a beautiful cam case to go with it. :p

Frankly speaking, don't have too high expectations on the case. Not as good as it looks on pics..

Frankly speaking, don't have too high expectations on the case. Not as good as it looks on pics..

Really ......? Hmmmm................

Can some one who also already owned the cam case, pls comment and share your review of the cam case too so that we may benefit from it ?

THANKS A MILLION....! :)

For those interested, do note that the case is actually made up of two pieces, held together by 3 large buttons. (or whatever you call it)

P1000013.jpg

Notice the silver screw at the bottom. It's meant for you to screw your camera to the bottom piece. When you are using the camera, you only remove the top part and use it with the bottom piece attached. It's slightly inconvenient as you have to unscrew and screw it back every time you want to change battery or memory card.

P1000014.jpg

In fact I can't get the case to stand on it's own as the bottom isn't flat. Overall it looks decent, but not as attractive as the advert made it out to be. Those having high expectations may be disappointed upon seeing the real thing. I suggest you wait for the shops to stock it up and take a look first before you actually buy it.

P1000015.jpg

Last edited:
A big big thanks to RePlaY .......!

Your comments is greatly appreciated.
Yes, we will seriously ... ponder....... :think:

MANY CHEERS ~

The case is in the style of the classic rangefinders.

I think quite troublesome to keep unbuttoning and buttoning.....zip is better

Actually velcro is better.. because zip may scratch the camera if not handled properly..

Status
Not open for further replies.