Interaction with subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

F34r

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
i realised how most people are put off by the camera being too close to them when their shots are being taken.
how do you actually 'talk' to the subject and make them more comfortable with the camera? anyone with experience too?

smile and ask if you can take a picture of them? :angel:

but these are people whom i know already.. they turn out looking not so natural as the camera at such a distance makes them tense..

talk to them, make them feel comforatable even before you take out the camera... get them in the chatty mood.... easier said than done. you as the photographer might have to play the directors role in these circumstances.

F34r said:
but these are people whom i know already.. they turn out looking not so natural as the camera at such a distance makes them tense..

then time for the mama lenses to come into play. :lovegrin:
snipe from 20m away.

Snipe from 20m is good though. But it usually makes others
think you are sneaky. Had anyone check out this site about
street photography ? http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

And he shared a lot about shyness and many things.

Clown said:
then time for the mama lenses to come into play. :lovegrin:
snipe from 20m away.

Well, not many people can afford Big Mama lenses, thank you very much. ;)

Body language and facial expressions are some basic ways of conversing with your subject without words. A simple smile, a motion of your hands with the camera and having a bit of sensitivity to other people's feelings usually works. Nobody likes to be treated like just another object, so I guess it would be nice if you could express your desire to capture their side of humanity, to know them somehow.

20m still considered close range

anyway, apart from them smiling, u muz also smile :) and treat them like kings...then they will feel better. ie act like a pro-photog.

Status
Not open for further replies.