willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
Just updated IntelliActions to ver 2.3
img_actions.gif
img_layers.gif

This update adds Intelli-BurnDodge, Intelli-Browning & Intelli-Softening
This can be downloaded from http://willyfoo.com/tidbits/intelliactions/intelliactions_v23.zip

Extract the *.atn file and then use Photoshop action palette to Load the atn file.

You can try Auto-Process which will run through all the IntelliActions and put them into layers..
If a dialog box pops out and you don't know what it is supposed to do, pressing ok will accept the defaults and you can see the effects first..

You can then show and hide various layers to see how it affects the image and change the opacity to suit your liking
Double Click on the layers to modify it's properties..

IntelliSharpen applies sharpening only to the edges and not the areas you do not want to sharpen. By using layer mask, you can furthur refine which areas to sharpen and which not to.

img_intellisharpen.gif

Shift the white marker until most of the noise in the skin area is gone
Then shift the black marker until the edges are well defined but not jagged.

Next stage is the standard Unsharp Mask / Smart Sharpen (CS2)

img_intellisharpen_options.gif

Master... got a set of actions optimised for D2X files? :lovegrin:

wow, you're the man willy! :D

always customizing these actions for us to use and try. :D

:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!!!

wow you did all of these yourself? impressive! got myself a copy ;p

espn said:
Master... got a set of actions optimised for D2X files? :lovegrin:
I just modify the smart sharpen radius to a default of 1.4 instead of 1.0 (for 6MP) ..
But of course, depending on the detail ...

More details.. ie.. group shot.. smaller radius
Less details.. ie.. head shot.. bigger radius

yes... wrote these by myself.. but of course taking a lot of references from the normal destructive methods and applying them into non-destructive layers via actions.

Currently the default 'AutoProcess' has intelli-browning turned on.. which is not really suitable for general shots.. make sure you turn it on and off and vary layer opacity to see how you like it..

why do i get a prompt/warning that says "The command 'smart sharpen' is not currently available" ? everytime i ran the intelli sharpen action

thanks willy foo

willyfoo = genius!

your website is superb btw :D

thobs said:
why do i get a prompt/warning that says "The command 'smart sharpen' is not currently available" ? everytime i ran the intelli sharpen action

thanks willy foo
That's cos Smart Sharpen is only available in CS2... for CS, you have to switch 'Smart Sharpen' off and enable 'Unsharp Mask' instead.

Hopefully this gif animation can help you..
img_intellisharpen_options.gif

Just updated http://willyfoo.com/tidbits/intelliactions/intelliactions_v221.ziphttp://willyfoo.com/tidbits/intelliactions/intelliactions_v221.zip

Switched intelli-browning off by default since it doesn't work on general shots... only if you want to create a special look...

Removed some prompting so most actions should run smoothly without stopping to give instructions.. if you need more help then look for the 'Stop' actions and enable them for extra help.

Also added in 3 new scripts...

ia_Insert Filename.jsx
ia_Force Landscape.jsx
ia_PSP.jsx

These should be placed in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Scripts
Restart photoshop and access these scripts from File>Scripts

ia_Insert Filename will just insert the filename into your picture... you can then use actions to transform the layer to place them where you want in the frame..

ia_Force Landscape will detect if the picture is landscape and rotate it 90 deg anti-clockwise.. I use this for printing (ie.. don't want to change paper orientation) and for rotating photos for PDA/PSP... (look at ia_PSP)

ie_PSP will automatically size photos down to a PSP size (480*272) and put exif info on the blank space on the right.. great when you batch through a whole folder with this and transfer to your PSP... (By the way, the PSP has the best display screen I've ever seen).
I'll update this later to accomodate other PDAs etc.

Ok.. got to board the plane now... have fun with these!

i cant seem to access the link though...looks like its broken or something.

Hey Willy, great stuff man. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks Willy! for the great stuff!

I'm using CS2 and have encountered the "Curves currently not available" when trying out the one of the actions, i think its 'shapen' action or the 'save as' action. Do you have any advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.