IntelliActions v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
Update: Ver 2.0 & 2.1 is outdated already.. please visit http://willyfoo.com/tidbits for the latest version..
----------
This version is designed in Photoshop CS2..

IntelliActions is a non-destructive image enhancement workflow I use that stacks multiple layers on top of the background image. (The only destructive action is Intelli-Haze which is done directly on the background image)

Version 2 included a cross processing script...

You may download it at http://willyfoo.clubsnap.org/archive/intelliactions_v21.zip
Extract the *.atn file and then use Photoshop action palette to Load the atn file.

You can try Auto-Process which will run through all the IntelliActions and put them into layers..
You can then show and hide various layers to see how it affects the image and change the opacity to suit your liking

Updated Intelliactions to ver 2.1
http://willyfoo.clubsnap.org/archive/intelliactions_v21.zip

This contains to sets of actions...
Intelli-Actions & Misc

Changes in ver 2.1

* Instructions added for critical steps
Script pauses to give instructions to guide new users at few stages. Once you are familiar with it, you can disable them by unchecking the "Stop" actions in the Actions palette

*Added Intelli-BW
Creates a series of B/W Sepia filters..
It will run through stages showing you how conversion will look like at 100% Red, 100% Green, 100% Blue and 50% Red/50% Green to let you evaluate the effects of each. Then finally showing you sepia.

The B/W Group then shows u 2 layers (BW Mixer & BW Shift)
Double Click on BW Mixer to pull up the channel mixer, here you shift the % of each colour based on what you think looks best on what you saw earlier (the total % should add up to 100%)
Then double click BW Shift to slide the Hue to see how the colours shift as it affects the contrast.

* Updated Intelli-Sharpen
The edges created by Intelli-Sharpen now makes the transition between the sharp areas and non-sharpened areas smoother. It also has a "Smart Sharpen" action for CS2 but disabled by default.. to enable it for CS2 users, uncheck "Unsharp Mask" and check "Smart Sharpen".. do note that Smart Sharpen is noticably slower.

* Updated Intelli-Noise
Intelli-Noise now uses the Median-Colour Blend mode technique to remove noise without affecting details at all!!! This seems to be the best I've seen so far.. Intelli-Noise however will require that Intelli-Sharpen be run first to create the mask. (You can either run AutoProcess <F2> or run Intelli-Sharpen on it's own, then run Intelli-Noise)..

These aren't usable on Mac version of CS2 I presume?

the actions should work. I remember i used my friend's actions from his MAC and it works on my PC.

Haven't tried yet but still, thanks for the time n effort. :D

Hey Wily, thanks for sharing. I've seen you using the older version, very impressed with it. :)

Upping this thread for the photoshop course...
And adding keywords for easier search
IntelliActions, Intelli Actions, Intelli-Actions, Smart Sharpening, Autoprocess,Auto Process,batch processing,noise reduction,haze removal,cross processing

hee thanks.. using your actions really save alot of time..

Hi willy, thanks for the effort man. Will give it a try. :D

anyway, can check with you or anyone here, does anyone know where can i download a action/script for photoshop that gives the pic a "film-like" finishing..?

thanks in advance.

Updated Intelliactions to ver 2.1
http://willyfoo.clubsnap.org/archive/intelliactions_v21.zip

This contains to sets of actions...
Intelli-Actions & Misc

Changes in ver 2.1

* Instructions added for critical steps
Script pauses to give instructions to guide new users at few stages. Once you are familiar with it, you can disable them by unchecking the "Stop" actions in the Actions palette

*Added Intelli-BW
Creates a series of B/W Sepia filters..
It will run through stages showing you how conversion will look like at 100% Red, 100% Green, 100% Blue and 50% Red/50% Green to let you evaluate the effects of each. Then finally showing you sepia.

The B/W Group then shows u 2 layers (BW Mixer & BW Shift)
Double Click on BW Mixer to pull up the channel mixer, here you shift the % of each colour based on what you think looks best on what you saw earlier (the total % should add up to 100%)
Then double click BW Shift to slide the Hue to see how the colours shift as it affects the contrast.

* Updated Intelli-Sharpen
The edges created by Intelli-Sharpen now makes the transition between the sharp areas and non-sharpened areas smoother. It also has a "Smart Sharpen" action for CS2 but disabled by default.. to enable it for CS2 users, uncheck "Unsharp Mask" and check "Smart Sharpen".. do note that Smart Sharpen is noticably slower.

* Updated Intelli-Noise
Intelli-Noise now uses the Median-Colour Blend mode technique to remove noise without affecting details at all!!! This seems to be the best I've seen so far.. Intelli-Noise however will require that Intelli-Sharpen be run first to create the mask. (You can either run AutoProcess <F2> or run Intelli-Sharpen on it's own, then run Intelli-Noise)..

Does anybody use this at all?.. will be good if those who use it raise their hands and give some feedback if possible..

willyfoo said:
Does anybody use this at all?.. will be good if those who use it raise their hands and give some feedback if possible..

IIRC you used to have an action for smoke and haze removal. That was good, I used to use it but have not since I lost it.

Perhaps you can make it available again, will be useful for those who shoots fireworks. Tried doing a search for it, but could not find. Maybe it was posted too long ago.

Thanks for the new actions.

I had used your IntelliActions v2.0 before, it was great and save me lots of time in processing. But havent got time to try out your v2.1 yet. I believe it will definitely better than the previous version. Great Job~ Thanks for the time and effort to come out with these action scripts.

Anybody tried the 'Blue Backdrop Knockout' in the Misc Actions in ver 2.1 yet??
Need feedback to improve on this... :)

Just take a person against a blue background... sky, wall etc.. draw a loose lasso around the hair area and run the action.. it will extract the image out...

i haven tried e v2.1 yet, but ur v2.0 is really cool~ :D

i did a search on intelliactions and i ended up at your page. I'm going to try the blue knock out this weekend :D does it need to be a particular shade of blue? light/sky blue ok?

Yes.. sky/light blue is ok... you can tweak the colour by re-recording that particular action that selects the colour...

willyfoo said:
Yes.. sky/light blue is ok... you can tweak the colour by re-recording that particular action that selects the colour...
i tried for several days.. couldn't really get it to work.. i only replaced my blue bg with another blue patch? and only certain parts of the blue..

Status
Not open for further replies.