Intel Imac out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wildstallion said:
Out in singapore yet??? cannot see on their website:dunno:

Maybe a couple of weeks later? Should be soon ba.

wildstallion said:
ok, thanks for the heads up, hopefully will be priced nicely, just saved up for new desktop!!!:D

Converted from the US$ is around S$2000.00 only! In the US site it say 17" LCD is the standard and a 20" LCD upgrade option. S$2000.00 for a dual core and 17" LCD, can consider.

I was about to get G5 iMac to replace my aging PC....now I can consider Intel Mac ;)

Pro Image said:
I think the new MacBook Pro is more impressive......
Unfortunately, Rosetta isn't all magic for ur PowerPC-compiled apps to run at full power. :bsmilie:

Paul_Yeo said:
I was about to get G5 iMac to replace my aging PC....now I can consider Intel Mac ;)
Same price as the old one unfortunately.

The price crash many had been anticipating ain't coming true. :bsmilie:

First I will have to see if Rosettat will run Nikon Capture and Adobe Photoshop as well as it did for the G4 processors.

jsbn said:
Unfortunately, Rosetta isn't all magic for ur PowerPC-compiled apps to run at full power. :bsmilie:

well my iBook is running smoothly but i think it's time i upgrade for smoother presentation....

I m running PowerPC G5 Quad at my studio now for post process. The MacBook Pro is for overseas usage and on site shooting lar.....of course not intented to run Power Applications like CS2 on it as it will take forever to process a 150-200MB photo file.

Subjected to the rigours of travel, handling and bumps. I'm sure u'd like bring ur iBook instead of a MacBook Pro. ;)

wow! now my imac is obsolete :(

jsbn said:
Subjected to the rigours of travel, handling and bumps. I'm sure u'd like bring ur iBook instead of a MacBook Pro. ;)

Aiyo...brudder hehehhehe why you keep beating down this new MacBook Pro leh? This is Steve Job's MAC leh not XP..wars over liaon..how come Jobs change to Intel and all of a sudden Macs with Intel is either too expensive or will not last? heheh...

The fact I think it is expensive is as it claimed compared to present MACs.....again by your Steve Job.. it is FASTER by 4 Times. You calling Steve Jobs a liar har? OR Jobs has sold out and walked into the dark side? heheheheh Aiya...with anything FASTER and SUPER NEW...it is EXPENSIVE. Beside...when has Mac ever been cheap! heheh

I am sure they will come out with a cheaper one soon but now they are hitting the opportunities while the hammer is hot to make a marketing statment and pull some numbers out of this initial launch and then plan their next step.

If anything...everyone should hold back till the experts take it out for a trial ride and push out some hardware numbers to see how well it will perform in the real world. Wait for the reviews from all the experts. Forget the hype for now......

Ya if you really are looking for SUPER performance, then ALIENWARE might have what you want. To me all the bumps and knocks on my beat up iBook is still alive and kicking.

The MacBook Pro will lighten my weight by around 200gm and screen wider by 1.4 inches. Laptops are meant for moving around. If you really afraid of the knocks and bump, then don't buy one lor....

sammy888 said:
The fact I think it is expensive is as it claimed compared to present MACs.....again by your Steve Job.. it is FASTER by 4 Times. You calling Steve Jobs a liar har? OR Jobs has sold out and walked into the dark side? heheheheh Aiya...with anything FASTER and SUPER NEW...it is EXPENSIVE. Beside...when has Mac ever been cheap! heheh

intel chip is only part of the equation, running existing mac applications via rosetta will not meet its full potential

Status
Not open for further replies.