Insurance Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhaimig

Oct 30, 2002
Central
Has anyone take-up an insurance policy for their equipments?

Cheers. :cool:

They charge 3% of your premium.

That has reminded me to check with my insurance company tomoro and see what I am covered for under my contents policy.

Plus I will have to get cover for the gear while I am out using it.

thanks for the link ninelives, had to fly up alone to KL 2 wks ago with almost my entire dry cabinet worth of stuff...scary man!:(

Originally posted by GitS
thanks for the link ninelives, had to fly up alone to KL 2 wks ago with almost my entire dry cabinet worth of stuff...scary man!:(

Thank me lah:bsmilie:

Yes they provide international coverage.

I just had a look at the NTUC Income website & it appears that only "new" equipment will be covered...

1. I bought my palm top a year ago, can I take up Mobile Equipment Insurance for it?

ANS: No, only mobile equipments less than 6 months old are eligible for this plan. Proof of purchase, ie, receipts must also be submitted at the time of application.

Does this mean that "old" equipment cannot be insured??
Are there other insurance companies that would provide such coverage? Any advice much appreciated!! :D

Originally posted by Andrew_C
I just had a look at the NTUC Income website & it appears that only "new" equipment will be covered...

1. I bought my palm top a year ago, can I take up Mobile Equipment Insurance for it?

ANS: No, only mobile equipments less than 6 months old are eligible for this plan. Proof of purchase, ie, receipts must also be submitted at the time of application.

Are there other insurance companies that would provide such coverage? Any advice much appreciated!! :D

I don't think so.

Originally posted by Andrew_C

Not only old equipments cannot be insured, they would deduct 2% of depreciation for every months since your first month of insured when you submit to lost claim. I thinked when you make your claim, let say 2.5 years later, the amount would be very little.

I thinked another alternative way to save my life, money and the equipment, I would sign up for karate class. he..he..he...

Status
Not open for further replies.