Insurance for your gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkw

Dec 10, 2003
CCK
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anybody here has any experience with buying insurance for your camera gear. I'm specifically looking at protection against theft from the household and/or whilst travelling. Any advice?

TIA,

Same here, i'm looking for such insurance.

NTUC has it but it's not very friendly.. but if u die die need it then no choice lor..

There an Ailing Soo from Prudential (94507998) who covered my gear when i went to Nepal last year. i found her contact here on Clubsnap but have never met her in person. Can give her a call.

Thanks guys, anybody else got any experience? Surely the pros with $10K+ lenses must insure them??

I am talking to AXA now about equipment coverage. Update tomorrow if I get in touch with that elusive agent.

hey guys. i'm an agent with prudential. shall check it out for u guys and PM any quotations etc. i'll be away fr tom till fri. so will only be able to check PMs etc on sat.

hang in there!
meanwhile, hug your gear to sleep!
regards

di0nysus said:
hey guys. i'm an agent with prudential. shall check it out for u guys and PM any quotations etc. i'll be away fr tom till fri. so will only be able to check PMs etc on sat.

hang in there!
regards
Yes please, do send me a quotation!

di0nysus said:

hang in there!
regards

please let me know too! :)

My friend from Prudential also, but he says that they don't have such coverage. Even AIA (AIG assist) has one that is travel insurance, but only covers up to $500 per item (and doesn't mention cameras also, only laptop and something else I can't remember). He did mention NTUC insurance as a possibility, but hasn't gotten back to me on the specifics.

Am interested to know as well. :)

The NTUC coverage is extremely limiting. Only new equipment less than 6 months old can be covered and you need a receipt.

AXA has a home protection policy which includes camera gear. The policy also covers for lost, theft and damage incurred worldwide. Still discussing with the AXA agent, hopefully she gets back to me by tomorrow with the quote and policy details.

Keep you guys informed.

Received more info about the AXA coverage. $15000 coverage will cost approx $300/yr. The info was sent in a PDF file so email me at tem@taysty.com if you want to look at their brochure. Pls don't PM.

The worldwide coverage amount can only be up to half of what your coverage of your home contents are. The brochure explains. I think it's a decent price, especially compared to the NTUC cover.

Terence said:
Received more info about the AXA coverage. $15000 coverage will cost approx $300/yr. The info was sent in a PDF file so email me at tem@taysty.com if you want to look at their brochure. Pls don't PM.

The worldwide coverage amount can only be up to half of what your coverage of your home contents are. The brochure explains. I think it's a decent price, especially compared to the NTUC cover.
Thanks Terence, will send you an e-mail. I've also spoken to my insurance agent at AIG, and it appears they do have some home protection insurance which covers loss of valuables (including cams) whilst travelling. No brochure yet so I'll need to find out more. Will keep you guys posted.

Cheers,

i tell, you dun byt NTUC insurance if you ever want to claim.

Guys, I've done my research. NTUC is not the way to go. Refer to my reply above for AXA info.

Zekai is right about NTUC slow claim processes. If their auto insurance is anything to go by, I would not touch their equipment coverage policy with a 20ft monopod.

Should be careful with some of these policies. Some will limit valuables coverage at a certain percentage (like 50% or less) of home content coverage. So, if you need a $15k coverage, you would be looking at buying a $30k coverage for your home content. So, if you don't own your place, like me, it doesn't make much sense...

i'm actually looking thru some equipment insurance under nanyang insurance, have the material with me in the office but i'm at home now, i'll check it out and get back to u guys. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.