insurance for your camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

trlnlty

Mar 22, 2005
i will be travelling to europe on thurs and was wondering if anyone has any experience in purchasing insurance for your camera's and other valuables.. namely my laptop as well.

i heard that rome and venice are esp infamous for pickpockets and im not looking forward to losing my 1D :bsmilie:

pickpocket your 1D... :sweat: you must be really careless..

Yes, its quite true. Petty crime is quite rampant there, esp around the tourist hot spots. You should travel with your cam stuff well disguised with gaffer and use an ordinary old bag.

As for insurance for your cam.. I'm not aware of anyone who sells camera specific insurance in spore. :think:

travel insurance covers loss of personal belongings.

Just make sure that you properly secure your bags.

I have walked around Rome with my old 1D Mark 2 all for the whole of Rome to see before. Nothing happened to me.

Also just make sure that your belongings are in difficult to reach places.

Don't bring a wallet but put your credit cards and IDs in a small card case and carry cash on you.

That is what I would do.

Good luck.

agape01 said:
Just make sure that you properly secure your bags.

I have walked around Rome with my old 1D Mark 2 all for the whole of Rome to see before. Nothing happened to me.

Also just make sure that your belongings are in difficult to reach places.

Don't bring a wallet but put your credit cards and IDs in a small card case and carry cash on you.

That is what I would do.

Good luck.

thanks man.. im just thinking of bringing the 16-35 and leaving it on there and forget about a camera bag so they wont get a chance to stick their hand in to grab :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.