Insurance for camera equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Ok... a friend of mine from Japan just had his camera equipment stolen for his Bangkok hotel room. It was Canon 1d MkII and 2 x L lens. He firgured its about $15K worth of gear. He says his insurance would cover about 1/3 of it only.

I know there are insurance policies specific for photographers in UK, but are there any available in Singapore? How much would it cover and what are the premiums like?

I travel a bit so its something I might want to consider getting....

I have checked with a FP once about this ... was told don't have here.

Can anyone clarify, or know of alternatives?

Although I am not from singapore,I am from sabah,malaysia.I insured my equipment with MNI malaysia with a premium of RM1,700+ to cover RM 300,000.that include stolen or robbery in malaysia,Singapore and brunai.If cover the whole world,the premium is about 2% of the amount insured.

superdave said:
Ok... a friend of mine from Japan just had his camera equipment stolen for his Bangkok hotel room. It was Canon 1d MkII and 2 x L lens. He firgured its about $15K worth of gear. He says his insurance would cover about 1/3 of it only.

I know there are insurance policies specific for photographers in UK, but are there any available in Singapore? How much would it cover and what are the premiums like?

I travel a bit so its something I might want to consider getting....

I'm from Singapore.

I've just insured my photographic gears with AIG. Premiums is 2% of the price of the equipment per year. Need a photocopy of the original receipt. This is a rider and has to tag along with home insurance coverage (approx 200+ per yr).

Contact your AIA/AIG insurance rep for further details.

Hi Chaltan, could you tell us the NAME of the policy you bought? What product or package does it come under? I'm very interested to know more! ;)

chaltan said:
I'm from Singapore.

I've just insured my photographic gears with AIG. Premiums is 2% of the price of the equipment per year. Need a photocopy of the original receipt. This is a rider and has to tag along with home insurance coverage (approx 200+ per yr).

Contact your AIA/AIG insurance rep for further details.

Are you able to claim 100% of the lost/stolen equipment and do they insure second-hand gear, which we may not have the receipt?

Thanks.

If anyone out there is interested in camera equipment insurance, you can give me a call at 97969206.

Your camera will be covered on an "Worldwide All Risks" basis including Fire, Theft and accidental damage worldwide on almost FULL VALUE of your camera price.

You can also visit my website at http://web.singnet.com.sg/~yeopat/

Regards

Hi, I am in this line. Can PM mi if any of you are interested in any advise on camera equipment insurance. No obligation, can ask for advise. ;)

Did some of you manage to get your equipment insured as suggested above?

If you did can you advise which is the best option.

to insurance agents: how do they check whether did you forge a robbery of your camera gears?? :dunno: Anybody can just go to police station and lodge a police report..

For my company case. As long as u dare to report to the police, you will be paid according to the contract. NO FORCE ENTRY needed for my company case. As for other companies, I am nt sure liao.

Funny said:
For my company case. As long as u dare to report to the police, you will be paid according to the contract. NO FORCE ENTRY needed for my company case. As for other companies, I am nt sure liao.

What company ?
I need to insure my equipment.
Can you pm me your contact details ?

i can sense that insurance agents in CS will love this thread! :heart:

Both parties benefit... why not??
Anybody wants to give me a good deal for insuring my camera equipment?
D2X + WT2
85mm F1.4

Need coverage worldwide for damage & loss.

willyfoo said:
Both parties benefit... why not??
Anybody wants to give me a good deal for insuring my camera equipment?
D2X + WT2
85mm F1.4

Need coverage worldwide for damage & loss.

Errr.. what about trinities lens + D2X + .....
Give me a good price, I will insured from you....

So if we get a pool of photographers intrested to have their babies insured, maybe can get better rate like MO..

Good idea... :)
We can invite for quotations..

1. willyfoo (D2X, WT2, 85mm F1.4)

behyx said:
i can sense that insurance agents in CS will love this thread! :heart:

Not really lah! Usually I wld less emphasize insurance coverage for non living things. I am the type who emphasize more on human beings. Have to clarify not for the sake for higher commission. But becozzz I feel HUMANS ARE THE MONEY MAKING MACHINES. Protection for human begins is more important than those non living things. :bsmilie: No offence to those photographers love love their equipments veri veri veri much.:sweat: For professionalism sake, any types of policies also ok loh. I will try to meet my clients financial needs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.