insurance coverage for photo gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

artyboy

Jul 26, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
any of you guys know of any insurance company in Singapore who provide insurance coverage for photo equipment (stolen, damage, lost etc)? the company which i took health/savings insurance from does not have a policy for such things. and if indeed there is such service available, does it cater to when you are travelling outside Singapore? appreciate any feedback. thanks!

any of you guys know of any insurance company in Singapore who provide insurance coverage for photo equipment (stolen, damage, lost etc)? the company which i took health/savings insurance from does not have a policy for such things. and if indeed there is such service available, does it cater to when you are travelling outside Singapore? appreciate any feedback. thanks!

LOOK for NTUC income...

thanks. seems like theres no specific coverage for such items, they lump it under home insurance instead.

should have.... but u need to source for General Insurance (GI) companies.
Try QBE.
They have very good GI so far.

Do these home insurance cover your photo gear when you go travelling? I don't think so right?
Any insurance that covers photo gear when travelling? That's when I feel they are the most vulnerable and when I need insurance the most!

You would have to check the specifics with your agent and the policy.

Mine is world-wide coverage for the unscheduled items.

Travel insurance covers a certain limit (refer to the plan) for lost/stolen equipment. However, you'll need the purchase receipt, and the company will calculate the depreciation to determine the payout.

is this any good???
i going china for school trip for two week.... bring my tools there... can it be use???? are you an agent of ntuc?? if yes.. pm me please :)

wah lao...leave your camera at home better...

Travel insurance covers a certain limit (refer to the plan) for lost/stolen equipment. However, you'll need the purchase receipt, and the company will calculate the depreciation to determine the payout.

This is the 'trick'!
Many won't keep purchase receipts for all the stuff they lost on a trip, luggage, clothes, photo gear etc, so in the end impossible/hard to claim. But I guess photo equipment being expensive & carries a warranty, usually people will keep the receipts for warranty purposes.

I know the normal travel insurance will covered full for ur damaged/lost equipment....else me sure try "some luck" with them :bsmilie:

Do take note that for normal travel insurance, there is a cap for each electronic item usually at 500 per item. There may be some insurance company offering a higher cover, maybe 1k. Therefore it is not even enough to cover an entry level DSLR body such as Canon 400D or Nikkon D40.

I do believe that most travel insurance do cover to about $3000 for such stuff. But as most people said, do check your travel insurance as they tend to defer from policy to policy.

I do believe that most travel insurance do cover to about $3000 for such stuff. But as most people said, do check your travel insurance as they tend to defer from policy to policy.

U want 10k coverage also have px sibei high :angry:

Do take note that for normal travel insurance, there is a cap for each electronic item usually at 500 per item. There may be some insurance company offering a higher cover, maybe 1k. Therefore it is not even enough to cover an entry level DSLR body such as Canon 400D or Nikkon D40.

of cos they need a cap else all also claim lost 1dm3 :bsmilie:
anyway travel insurance are not createdfor makin money for the insurer, just a service

Not to mention, if you got your gear 2nd hand, where's the receipt??

This is the 'trick'!
Many won't keep purchase receipts for all the stuff they lost on a trip, luggage, clothes, photo gear etc, so in the end impossible/hard to claim. But I guess photo equipment being expensive & carries a warranty, usually people will keep the receipts for warranty purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.