Insulted at SLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

purple

Had an extremely bad experience recently and decided to warn others.

Was shopping in SLS for a 3 mega camera. This shop on lvl 2 (High-X something) dont hav & offer a 4 mega instead. The price seems v. good, but with acc still > 100 above budget. Told the guy I need to consider & will revert within the hr. He even told me to ask around if I dont believe his is the best price (so far so friendly) :)

I thought abt it over coffee & went back to him. He was busy, so I waited (30min), but his friend shouted at me to leave. :dunno: Later they refused to sell me saying I had no faith in their price earlier. His friend also shouted things like "purposely make you wait", "come back tom, I buy from u if u can get this price anywhere else". He was really trying to pick a fight (or intimidate me) :angry: when all I did was ask them to requote their best price.

Told him tt if its a misquote, just tell me, no need to be rude. The salesman eventually apologized, but his friend still act like he wants to beat me up. The requote end up > 100 more, so I left. The camera was a Olyumus MJU 400 & the quote was 625. I checked later & other shops (AP included) never quote below 700. Insulted for nothing - At no point did I even insist they sell at the misquoted price and the rudeness started when they see me reappear (Not even before I open my mouth) :dunno: Shoppers Beware :nono:

Bravos for posting this note. Such beligerent practices are unacceptable and kudos to purple for bring this to our attention.

Such shops should beware, word of such misdeeds quickly gets around.

:)

I'd recommend to buy only from the bigger name shops. Saving $10-$20 sometimes if worth it if the shop is trustworthy and has a good reputation. Sometimes the smaller shops switch the original accessories with compatable ones, or sell without battery charger or Li-Io battery, and make you pay more for it in the end. Is it's $100 less, I'd advise you to smell a rat. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I've had experience with shops like Alan Photo, Cathay Photo and John 3:16, where I do most of my shopping now. All highly recommended.

yar, pay a bit more, but support good service. then got hope next time, these ah beng shops will realise tht service to pay and we'll see good civilised service in the future. else let them die natural death :p

As this thread is not related to any MOs, photog services and so on, i've moved it to a more appropriate sub-forum.

The Moderator
Consumers Corner and Services

At least you didn't buy it, imagine you go home found scratches on the body, or the pixel problem. They'll smile at you when you purchase. When you return to them to complain, you'll find their smiles will turn to ugly faces.

That's one reason I rather pay $50-$100 more, get from more reputable shops and get the service as well. You're not paying for the product alone, you're paying for their service and attitude also.

Larry said:
As this thread is not related to any MOs, photog services and so on, i've moved it to a more appropriate sub-forum.

The Moderator
oh great just dump it in here... that what you all do all the time.,....

;p

Yes I do realise that here is a better place for treads like this!

wonder why these type of shops still surviving with such a bad service, but Fotoguide had closed down :dunno:

Bluestrike said:
oh great just dump it in here... that what you all do all the time.,....

;p

Yes I do realise that here is a better place for treads like this!
:blah: :blah: :blah:

wong_se said:
wonder why these type of shops still surviving with such a bad service, but Fotoguide had closed down :dunno:

Yup, that is a real pity.......

BTW, I had heard a few complains against John 3:16 in the area of
after sales service, bad enough that the people involved swore never to deal with them again. (None pre sales ones)

Wonder what is other people's experience about them?

frisky said:
Yup, that is a real pity.......

BTW, I had heard a few complains against John 3:16 in the area of
after sales service, bad enough that the people involved swore never to deal with them again. (None pre sales ones)

Wonder what is other people's experience about them?

:nono: What kind of complaints? I always go back and 'ka chao' them, and as long as they are not busy, they will entertain me. Good guys la :thumbsup: , I'm sure many others can back me up on this. :D

Pre-sales they are also helpful. They wont 'kwa suea' you like I've kenna before at Cathay. Just because I asked to look at a high end camera, the CP guys were like 'No la, for your standard i think XXXX is enough for you.'

so far hv good impression of John 3:16
enuff for me to be willing to pay $50-$100 more for their products.

Actually i request a reconsideration of moving this thread. I think that such experiences fall under the general heading "Consumer's Corner" as it is a relevant thread educating consumers on the unfair practices of various shops. I believe that Consumer's Corner and serivces should not be restricted to only MOs or photographic services.

In fact, Consumers Corner and Photographic Services used to be separate. Consumers Corner was then the sub-forum used to post threads which may be of interest and related to consumers. Not only MOs, but anything which may be classified as being of interest to consumers. Just doing a quick check on the front page of this sub-forum would show threads not related to MOs or photographic services.

In the light of the points above, i believe that this thread should be restored to the "Consumers Corner and Services" sub-forum, for hte simple fact that its definitely of interest to consumers. I believe that there are others who would share this view as well.

Thanks!

Larry said:

The Moderator

Maybe a BlackList corner should be started where shops, services and products are posted for interest of all.

Can imagine paying for something because of reviews but discover products have quirks later.

My 2 cents worth

vince123123 said:
Actually i request a reconsideration of moving this thread. I think that such experiences fall under the general heading "Consumer's Corner" as it is a relevant thread educating consumers on the unfair practices of various shops. I believe that Consumer's Corner and serivces should not be restricted to only MOs or photographic services.

I had originally posted it there because I also thought it would be of most interest to consumers. Alternatively, a blacklist corner as suggested by Jay would be a good idea (just my view).

I agree fully with the many suggestions that paying slightly more to buy from reputable shops would be a wiser choise. For my case, I had wandered into the shop because AP didn't hav the A70 I was looking for & "too busy" to even talk. I thought being careful & doing your homework wld be enough, never count on meeting irrational people. :(

Sorry that you got such bad experience. I had my fair share too, years ago when I was still a bug eyed student trying out cameras at Worldwide cameras (in Peninsula). The guy (I still see him around nowadays) was friendly about selling the unit, but when I said I wanted time to consider he actually used threatening tactics to 'force' me to purchase the unit.

His tactics actually reached a point of being very aggressive that I succumbed to his demands.... I still regret giving them the revenue to this day.....

Jay said:
Maybe a BlackList corner should be started where shops, services and products are posted for interest of all.

Sounds reasonable but there will definitely be some legal aspects that we may not be prepared to handle.

I really sorry to hear about your uneventful experience purple. :confused:

in the meantime, should this thread be moved to the Consumer's Corner where it would receive more views by the relevant sector?

AdamGoi said:
Sounds reasonable but there will definitely be some legal aspects that we may not be prepared to handle.

I really sorry to hear about your uneventful experience purple. :confused:

vince123123 said:

In fact, Consumers Corner and Photographic Services used to be separate. Consumers Corner was then the sub-forum used to post threads which may be of interest and related to consumers. Not only MOs, but anything which may be classified as being of interest to consumers. Just doing a quick check on the front page of this sub-forum would show threads not related to MOs or photographic services.

In the light of the points above, i believe that this thread should be restored to the "Consumers Corner and Services" sub-forum, for hte simple fact that its definitely of interest to consumers. I believe that there are others who would share this view as well.

Thanks!

I second vince123123. This thread should be restored to the "Consumers Corner and Services" sub-forum :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW, customer is always right. They shouldn't be in the service industry. Consider posting your plight at HWZ's consumer rating forum for maximum effect. :bsmilie:

i agree with Adam... in addition, IMHO there will always be good and back feedback about shops and camera stores. take the famous CP and AP for eg, i've heard people who swear by either or both, but i've also seen others who swear they will never go back as long as they live. so, it's really a very grey area as to which shops should be blacklisted or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.