Instax Mini Films Going Through Airport X-Rays

cutiedoggy

Nov 28, 2009
as per topic, am going overseas for studies so intend to bring my polaroid pictures over to keep as memories but i happen to come across discussions on how the x-ray machines will cause fogging in the films.

i need to know if it does cause that, anyone with experience? :cry:

as per topic, am going overseas for studies so intend to bring my polaroid pictures over to keep as memories but i happen to come across discussions on how the x-ray machines will cause fogging in the films.

Different film technology, different era, and most machines are labeled as "film safe".

Don't confuse Polaroid chemical substrates which create an instantly-developed photo with the very sensitive film negatives.

If not wrong, during my recent trip I saw the SG airpot's machine had a label to say that flims up to ISO1600 are safe.

But for Intax, don't even try lol. Instantly fried by the machine.

They will be fine. Don't check them in. X-Ray for checked in items are way stronger than hand carry. Why not just purchases the film when you're overseas if you're afraid of fogging?

If not wrong, during my recent trip I saw the SG airpot's machine had a label to say that flims up to ISO1600 are safe.

Why not? They're ISO 800.

why not?

I always bring instax on holiday. nothing ever happens.

I won't be the slightest concerned. It will be safe. I know for certain.

TWhy not? They're ISO 800.

why not?

I always bring instax on holiday. nothing ever happens.

I won't be the slightest concerned. It will be safe. I know for certain.

Ah I see. Apologies for the misinfo, I don't use Polaroids - I've always have the impression that due to the high sensitivity of such instant develop flims, the x-ray would have fried it.