Instalment plans to get their gears

ShiNn

Nov 26, 2006
Am I the only few that uses instalment plans to get camera gears.

doing a little survey around.

No installment plans for me.

Try not to, buy only when u have the "spare cash", and not get tied down by this "Expensive" hobby..

I paid cash for all my equipments :)

yah, me too all cash.. except for this 70-200 f/4L USM. need it by june to go vietnam..

no time to go n start saving man

yah, me too all cash.. except for this 70-200 f/4L USM. need it by june to go vietnam..

no time to go n start saving man

do u even need a 70-200 for your trip? i used to bring it along but it's always under-utilised such that's it's not worth the additional weight.

why dont you rent if u really need it or buy second hand?

i want to do a more ppl style photography this trip. taking more pics of the culture there.

i am already reducing the load by not going to bring my tripod n maybe flash. need to rethink of my gears again.

We already have too many installments to pay every month. The mortgage, car loan are perhaps two big ticket items. Plus your regular monthly tax deduction.

Why make yourself more miserable to spend ahead on your hobbies? If you can't afford by paying cash, perhaps it is better to wait until you have the cash. Situation does change, economy can worsen, company can retrench staff. It is better not to commit too much with your future money.

i think flash is necessary, their streets are definitely not as well-lit as ours so you don't want to regret the decision =)

the last time i went, i did not bring the tripod, and i did not particularly felt i missed out on good photo shots due to the lack of it.

unless you feel you have a need for long exposures, i don't think you will need the tripod as well.

just my 2cents worth =)

i want to do a more ppl style photography this trip. taking more pics of the culture there.

i am already reducing the load by not going to bring my tripod n maybe flash. need to rethink of my gears again.

Taking ppl pics with tele lens will looks like PI. You may not know the culture of ppl there and how they react when taken pics in that way. I suggest you to approach them and talk to them before taking pics (using your 17-40 will do the job). And you may consider to get cheap prime 50f1.8

Taking ppl pics with tele lens will looks like PI. You may not know the culture of ppl there and how they react when taken pics in that way. I suggest you to approach them and talk to them before taking pics (using your 17-40 will do the job). And you may consider to get cheap prime 50f1.8

Agree. u can get 50 f1.8 at a fraction of the price. 70-200 is overkill for portrait. i only carry one lens - 24-70 on a full frame and so far it has been very versatile.

i feel that 50 1.4 gives a sharper image though.

anyway i do agree that, snapping away in a foreign land with a tele lens is pretty weird, haha.

as for their reaction, i think they should be ok, i did a photography trip with some of my friends to HCM city before, people there are pretty warm =)

if you really want to cover the distance, consider the longer primes?

Am I the only few that uses instalment plans to get camera gears.

doing a little survey around.
whatever it is, get insurance for your gears before leaving.

portrait in sapa, hue or hoi an is alot more interesting. not sure abt hcm. wasn't really inspired.

i have been carrying my 24-70 and d700 until shoulder and wrist pain.

Anywhere can I get the insurance from?

It's not only for portraits there. I can have it for other uses too. But my main will be the people there, their lifestyles and culture. Another Perspective I guess.

I'm also thinking of the tripod.. I think shld just give up the idea of bringing it there.

i always have cash to buy, but i'd rather pay in 0% installment coz we'll never know when the emergency need of cash is needed.

if your tripod is those traveler series and very light, why not? ;p (Time to BBB again!)

haha, i got a manfrotto xprob its abit on the heavy side....

:thumbsup:

yah since its 0% interest, as long as u pay on time, its ok!

u both are right, however. it will be a burden for awhile..
anw, i have decided to take it to next month and decide again.

cheers