installing a spyder 3 express

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelosbox

Mar 19, 2008
Singapore
www.olegna.net
hi guys can i get some help?
I'm at a lost... now trying to install a spyder3 express.
it says under display control:
1 reset contrast to default setting
2 set color temperature to 6500k or equivalent
3 adjust brightness to a comfortable level

my question is.. what shall i do? i cant find a way to adjust my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 740s) to 6500k

appreciate your expert advise on this..

many thanks

No monitor manual? Check Samsung online, they have the manual for download. In the onscreen menu there are functions "reset to factory default", then check the colour temperature settings. Either use 6500K or 'normal', brightness has a dedicated setting / button.

i suppose the software is slightly different from the pro version.
but anyway, if u cant find the option to choose the temperature of your monitor, it means it doesn't support user selection for temp.
in spyder, when u setup your monitor info, it should prompt on the available settings that your monitor has, then it won't prompt u to set it to 6500k anymore.

thanks guys this is the first time im installing this.
how would i know if i have calibrated my monitor correctly? is there a laymen's way of doing this?

thanks guys this is the first time im installing this.
how would i know if i have calibrated my monitor correctly? is there a laymen's way of doing this?
Since our eyes are not a neutral instrument we have to rely on the spyder tool. You can repeat the calibration (keep in mind to warm up the monitor!) and then use the profile selection tool to switch between both. If there is no difference to you in how the screen looks then it's all well.
I noticed that the grey menu bars of Firefox give a good indication. They really look nicely grey on profiled screen but have a blue cast on others. Do note that immediately after calibration the screen might look yellowish to you. That's normal. The standard settings are usually too blueish and our eyes get accustomed to it. Now when the blue cast is gone it looks yellow (complementary colour). Just wait a bit .. after some minutes it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.