'Inspirational Moments' Photography Competition - Support TEAM Singapore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Team Singapore 01- Nov -2003

Calling all shutterbugs and budding artists! Support Team Singapore through art by participating in our "Inspirational Moments" photography competition and "Paint our Pride" Banner Contest. You'll stand to win fabulous prizes worth over S$15,000 plus and invitation to the post SEA Games party! Read on for more details

'Inspirational Moments' Photography Competition

All entries must be taken at these events:
Official Flag Presentation Ceremony at The HDB Hub (26th November)
Official Send Off at Changi Airport (3rd December)
XXII SEA Games in Vietnam (5th - 13th December)
Official Welcoming Back (14th/15th December)​
Photographs taken must fit the theme of "Inspirational Moments" with elements of TS core values: Fighting Spirit, National Pride and Teamwork.

Only one entry is allowed per person. Application form must be submitted together with a maximum of 5 photographs in 4R Size. Each photo must be submitted with a caption.

Entries to this competition must be the sole owner and author of the copyright for all photos submitted. Entries must warrant that he/she has obtained the appropriate model/talent releases from persons in their photograph submission. Competition will commence from 29 October. Closing date is 30 December 03, 12 noon.

Prizes
Open Catergory
1st Prize - S$3,000 value
2nd Prize - S$2,000 value
3rd Prize - S$1,000 value

Under 21 years old
1st Prize - S$2,000 value
2nd Prize - S$1,000 value
3rd Prize - S$500 value

More details here -> http://www.teamsingapore.com.sg/seagames/2003/detail.jsp?a_id=3058&type=3&cat=14

Entry form can be downloaded from here -> http://www.clubsnap.org/forms/photographyform.pdf

i'd like to support Team Singapore, but somehow, the criteria seems kinda "difficult" and dodgy. The photos can only be taken during certain events. I suppose you need a Press pass for these events.

Are the organisers on a tight budget? I'm sure they would have their official photographers to cover the events right?

Also, I don't see the "Inspirational Moment" in these events. Quite cliche. I think "Inspirational Moments" can be captured during the athlete training sessions -- how they torture themselves to aim for gold!

I'm sure many would have seen "Inspirational Moments" in sports photography... The joy of winning, the agony of defeat, the determination to win, the gracious loss, etc...

BUt I don't see "Inspirational Moments" in Flag Presentation ceremony and sending off ceremony....

SO what's Inspirational? I'm lost.....

anyway, just my 2 cents worth... I just don't see the point in organising a photo competition when we're limited to only certain non-inspirational events... :dunno:

Errmmm ... will try and give your feedback to the Singapore Sports Council as they are the ones who came up with this competition. Thanks!

Actually, I'm not sure about the low budget part. Putting the prize money together would be enough to get a professional agency to cover the event. Mind you, I wrote to them and they never troubled themselves with a reply. Maybe Darren might want to feedback that too.

Understand SSC has their own pool of photographers for the coverage of Major Games. Otherwise, they are always willing to pay big bucks to buy GOOD picture from the press.

Official Flag Presentation Ceremony:
Venue: HDB Hub, Atrium 1st storey, Toa Payoh
Date: Wednesday, 26 November 2003
Flag Presentation Ceremony: 6.00pm – 6.30pm
Team Singapore Activities: 7.00pm – 8.00pm

anyone want the full program, pls PM me with email and i'll forward to you.

They probably want more support too. A competition is a good way to draw more people to the events.

Darren said:
Team Singapore 01- Nov -2003

'Inspirational Moments' Photography Competition

Entries must warrant that he/she has obtained the appropriate model/talent releases from persons in their photograph submission.

ummm... can someone explain how to go about getting releases for such instances? If everyone snap a pic and ask those sportmen to sign a release... they may not make it for the game :D

SMC said:
Understand SSC has their own pool of photographers for the coverage of Major Games. Otherwise, they are always willing to pay big bucks to buy GOOD picture from the press.

Well, I am the press. And a reply I didn't get.

Someone actually volunteered to take up the assignment for FREE for SNOC! Now you know why you got no reply from them! Best of luck to that Guy!

i still feel that they're just expecting people to fly over to hanoi and support the singapore team... -_-

Hi Everyone,

Team Singapore are flying off in batches this week.
Their schedules are available here.

And the schedules for the Welcome Back are here.

Those who are interested, please make a trip down and support them by taking lots of photos. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.