Inquiry about a specific type of night shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
I am trying to take a night shot of roads with vehicles travelling at night and i would like to create the effect of vehicles travelling at great speed...

The shot would turn out with blurred image and long streaks of head lights and tail lights.

Any tips?

Kindly advice.

P/S I'm using a C700Uz. What are the setting i would need to take note of or watch out for? Kindly advise. :)

Originally posted by Wolfgang
I am trying to take a night shot of roads with vehicles travelling at night and i would like to create the effect of vehicles travelling at great speed...

The shot would turn out with blurred image and long streaks of head lights and tail lights.

Any tips?

Kindly advice.

P/S I'm using a C700Uz. What are the setting i would need to take note of or watch out for? Kindly advise. :)

- use a stable tripod
- use timer mode
- set longer exposure like > 2 sec

Originally posted by megaweb

- use a stable tripod
- use timer mode
- set longer exposure like > 2 sec

What abt Aperture and shutter settings?

Longer exposure is has to do with the aperture right?
It's the one with the F value i think. (Right?) :confused:

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

2 sec kinda too short to get long continuous streaks, more likely to get short broken streaks.

I shoot >8sec. Meter the scene, then adjust aperture or compensate accordingly to get a shutter speed of 8sec.

Originally posted by darr
2 sec kinda too short to get long continuous streaks, more likely to get short broken streaks.

I shoot >8sec. Meter the scene, then adjust aperture or compensate accordingly to get a shutter speed of 8sec.

Ok. Thamnks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.